jdm_inspired : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommi View Post
    i wish he would come back and start making those again. mine was one of the prototypes. have u done the bucket drop?
    Nah didn't know we could do that. Can't we use a prelude shifter too?

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Car washed finally (now that it's cooled down)!

Next up, new hood.

93 'til infinity

Comment

love it

Comment

Going to try to get a snapshot of all 5 runs but this is current. Made more torque on other runs but this had the most WHP cutout open. Exhaust made minimal difference and exhaust is just about up to par with the e-cutout. KTeller makes excellent piping!

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by itstatcb7kid707 View Post
            love it
            I'm gonna have to hit you up one of my days off and check out that RHD sol.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
              91 out here is the most at least where I live. If it was 93 I assume it would make more power. 3" exhaust I would love to do but right now I think I'm content with my power. I'm not trying to be king of the power board. 3" is the way to go I hear.
              We have a lot of oil run through the Port of Tampa so every gas station has 93 and there's a Sunoco locally that has a 100 octane pump. I don't know that running 93 would make more power, but it might be a little more efficient.

I actually had the chance to install the crush bent 3" this weekend. The only reason I really went with it was because I practically got it for free and the GReddy had the insides of a resonator go wacky and has been rattling like no tomorrow. I'm not power hungry, but from experience and from research, 3" is a marked improvement over 2.5. I'm actually planning on buying kteller's 3" kit to build my own exhaust so it's good to hear that you've had a good experience with them.

Comment

Glad to see you still have this beauty! I miss mine! Hope you're doing well man!

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                  We have a lot of oil run through the Port of Tampa so every gas station has 93 and there's a Sunoco locally that has a 100 octane pump. I don't know that running 93 would make more power, but it might be a little more efficient.

I actually had the chance to install the crush bent 3" this weekend. The only reason I really went with it was because I practically got it for free and the GReddy had the insides of a resonator go wacky and has been rattling like no tomorrow. I'm not power hungry, but from experience and from research, 3" is a marked improvement over 2.5. I'm actually planning on buying kteller's 3" kit to build my own exhaust so it's good to hear that you've had a good experience with them.
                  I may go that route someday but honestly, I think with the power I'm making I may stop soon. I dont want to be the fastest in the world... Just a cosmetically perefect (in my eyes) cb with some kick to back up the beauty. KTeller piping is legit. It's laid out on the first page of my MR (minus the cutout).

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
                  Glad to see you still have this beauty! I miss mine! Hope you're doing well man!
                  Man where have you been? Yeah couldn't let it go. So many have let go and have wished they never did. They always come back. It's almost fact on this forum.

93 'til infinity

Comment

I have to see this thing in person someday.

Looking good!
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I don't think I've ever vacuumed this car. Time to start with the carpet removal. Might as well since I'm re-routing the audio wires. New double din to follow. Subwoofer removed years ago and has been in the 2011 Accord for a few years. Less weight and aiming towards clarity. Who needs vibration and low tones? My e-cutout does enough

93 'til infinity

Comment

Some pics from a local car event about a week ago.

Didn't really take any pictures.

93 'til infinity

Comment

The way the engine sits back, with the battery relocation, it looks well balanced

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
                            The way the engine sits back, with the battery relocation, it looks well balanced
                            Thanks man. It actually doesn't look like it did when I dropped it in. I let it sit for years and didn't maintain its condition. May pull out the engine again to do another engine bay refreshment. Actually debated painting the car an entire color but more than likely keep it as is. I need to fix some stuff in there but thanks. Needs some TLC.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Looks clean tho
                              Ever had any trouble with the timing belt cover removed?

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
                                Looks clean tho
                                Ever had any trouble with the timing belt cover removed?
                                So far so good. I heard about the risks of it, but I've been lucky so far. I'm not going off-road or anything but I can see how a pebble or rock can get in there. My theory might be wrong but with those gears spinning as fast as I think it does, the rock would have to drop in perfect timing in-between the teeth. Any rock bigger than my pinky nail I would even wonder how it would fly up the engine bay that high. In other words, I feel its pretty safe.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Working...
                                X