Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

brightest non-HID bulbs for headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brightest non-HID bulbs for headlights

Basically I want the highest visibility I can get without going with HID. I like the way my headlights look but if I can get more bright on a regular plug and play bulb then Why not?

I was on google for a bit looking for an answer and the best I can get seems to be sylvania silver star ultras. which is what I'm leaning toward.

I was just wondering if anyone had any other brands that might be better.

They are good but will only last 8 months or so.

Check out these links

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
    Here's some information on upgrading your lighting circuit.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...ys/relays.html

Here's a brief chart on Lumens vs Hours for a few bulbs.

http://www.rallylights.com/Hella_9006_Bulbs.aspx

As you can see HIR bulbs give significantly more lumen output, with not much reduction in hours.

These bulbs claim 2100 Lumens out of a stock bulb, and aren't a junk brand, but without an hour equivalent, I don't know how long they'd last. I do not have any personal experience with these.

The HIR bulbs, which show 2400 lumens and 1400 hours.

When I get a new vehicle and I don't have OEM HID, I will probably try out the HIR bulbs before I tackle a full on projector retrofit. I have no desire to run an HID kit in non-HID housings.
    Get the 9012 bulbs and a wiring harness, do the minor modification (which can apparently be even done with a nail file) and you're set to go

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

Thank you!!

I like the HIR bulb. Seems like what I'm looking for. Would it simply plug in? (9012/HIR2/9006 this confused me) is it a 9012 or a 9006?

If can can get those to fit without much effort that's probably what i would go with.

Comment

It is plug and play right after you do a minor modification with something as basic as a nail file.

http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=5028

These guys will sell you the bulb, and they marked off the material that is needed to be removed.

So it is technically a 9012, but after that minor mod it will fit a 9006. A lot of people who buy the bulb buy it to use as a 9006.

Also, many people will suggest to buy a wiring harness, just to be safe since they are a bit higher in wattage (Which is somewhere around $15-20)

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

I'm rocking my oem bulbs in my coupe I had silverstar ones. Never tried the second series bulbs. Freakin expensive. At the time I paid 20 each. I had all 4 in. 80 beans for bulbs. Wowzers.

Get pics up of those hir bulbs u r talin about
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I personally haven't used them yet, I will when my OEM bulbs eventually die.

But this video should help you with the modification in case you needed some video help

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

Damn I dunno If I want to mess with a harness. I was just thinking out loud. Kind of wanted to know what there was out there as far as a normal bulb I could just plug in there and still be legal and brighter, why not? I just don't want to fry my wiring. I got about four extra bulbs lying around so I'll have replacements for a while but maybe once those are out I'll get a harness and try these out.

Comment

You probably won't fry your wiring, it's just for added protection so that it won't happen. It's pretty simple

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

I hate wiring stuff also.
                  **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                  Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                  Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Piaa
                    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

found this.
                      http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1325662

I'm really liking these bulbs.

i might get both silver star ultras and the hir's so I can compare both right out the box.

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                        Piaa
                        I've also looked in to PIAA bulbs but they don't seem much better than the silverstars or the GE night hawks. They're all kind of on the same level.

Comment

File down the tabs in some 9005s and stick em in your low beams. Or wire in 9005 sockets into your low beams.

Then you basically have high beam bulbs in your lows, but without the bad glare since you have the shroud in the housing. It's a bit brighter.

I actually did it on my SE before I sold it.

Comment

Working...
                          X