05 Accord Hybrid - no power at all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 Accord Hybrid - no power at all.

I’ve had this thing for exactly one week, so I know next to nothing about it.
    I parked it last night after sitting in crazy traffic. As I turned it off, everything went dark. No electrical power at all. I didn’t think much of it. This morning, it was the same. Nothing at all. No dash lights, power locks don’t work... I’m hoping it’s a fuse. I’m stuck at work until it gets dark, though, so all I can do is search the interwebs and ask for help!

Did you charge it ? :P

Comment

It’s a drivey hybrid, not a pluggy hybrid!

Sitting in traffic may have caused the hybrid battery to run low, which can do a number on the 12v battery. Aside from a fuse, that’s my next thing to look at.

Comment

Raf has a point. They sell "chargers," more like battery tenders, for the high voltage pack of these mild hybrid style cars. Might be something to look in to.

As for your current situation, I believe the hybrid pack and the 12v systems are isolated. It's been a minute since I looked, but they should not affect each other at any time. I'm going to vote for a loose ground or battery connection.

EDIT: Doh! That's right, your car doesn't have an alternator! Check out the DC-DC converter. Or google more info about it.
        Check this out:
        https://www.deanza.edu/faculty/walto...2671.print.pdf
        Last edited by sonikaccord; 11-16-2017, 12:02 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The negative cable came off. the budget replacement battery isn’t even tied down. Looks like I have some work to do this weekend!

Thanks for the help, guys. I’m glad it was just something stupid.

Comment

That was an easy fix
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
            X