Moving to Philly/Jersey thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Philly/Jersey thread

As some of you may know (people who are friends with me on facebook) I am in the Air Force and I found out my first aircraft assignment out of Pilot training is going to be the C-17 at McGuire AFB in NJ. I'm starting this thread to gather suggestions on where to live and general things about the area. I am somewhat familiar with the area already (at least Philly proper and parts of North Jersey), but I would like to learn more before I move.

Now, I won't be moving immediately as I have some further training before they send me back east. My best guess right now is sometime next summer.

Also, I'll be getting in the neighborhood of $1700/month for housing and I think I will entertain buying something.

I think I want to live close to or in Philly as I don't have any kids, schools are not a factor at this time. I do have a girlfriend who lives in DC but wants to get out of there and Philly would probably be the best area for her to find a job.

Thanks for the help guys, and I'll post up the stuff I can dig up in the next few hours.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

I'm sure Deev will see this and chime in.
    The area around McGuire's is nice.

Let me know when you're in the area.

Comment

Deev should be able to offer advice as this is part of his day to day operation.

Also, commuting is a big thing from Philly to Jersey, and there are many great spots in South Jersey. Philly has some great areas as well, and the upside is, if buying, Philly is the way to go to save on taxes.

Subscribed.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I technically work on Ft. Dix, but on the Army side not on Mcguire.

If you're interested in Philly, you would have to speak to Deev or someone else on here, but if you have any Ft Dix/NJ questions, Id be glad to answer them.

Also we really need to get a meet going so I can meet more peeps!

Scott(owequitit) is coming out to the area as well.

Comment

Philly... if you don't mind commuting...
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
          X