CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Performance Tech > Naturally Aspirated

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-13-2018, 11:49 PM   #181
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

CyborgGT is cool... so far.
I've kind of fallen off following Boosted Boiz and their eBay builds. Did you see how much the wheels on the van moved in those dyno pulls? A simple traction bar might very well have saved the gears from blowing so soon.

Project CB9 AeroR start-up: //////////
Slowly but surely... and gunning for that NA list!
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:34 AM   #182
baracuda
Southern Regional Moderator

baracuda is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
I've kind of fallen off following Boosted Boiz and their eBay builds. Did you see how much the wheels on the van moved in those dyno pulls? A simple traction bar might very well have saved the gears from blowing so soon.
Yea they love to cut some corners for sure, the van even had the crank pulley fall off on the dyno. I watch it just for dumb fun entertainment, waiting for the van to blow.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d
baracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:21 PM   #183
jchsmiley
Accord of the Month: March 2013

jchsmiley is cool... so far.
That guy seems like a good tuner.. he reminds me of my tuner, knows Honda's like the back of his hand lol

Looking forward to see your build completed man keep up the good work.. post some vids of him tuning it
Old 02-16-2018, 12:07 AM   #184
Bunta
CB7tuner Member

Bunta is cool... so far.
I'm so glad that people are still doing N/A builds (like this one). It kinda is discouraging when everyone stops building beyond bolt ons and then decides to just boost it and be done. I've ridden/ driven low 11 second boosted cars and built all motor cars and IMO boosted cars lack the sporty feel of a good, thorough N/A build (but they do pull like a freight train if built right). Keep up the good work, I'll hopefully be using your success to build off of.

Last edited by Bunta; 02-16-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:54 AM   #185
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

I went all motor because I feel like that's how a Honda should be. That, and I just feel like turbo is cheating... I don't even mind using a pun and saying it's unnatural. I won't be doing myself any favors building a car NA for high-elevation mountain cruising, but I still feel I'll enjoy the rawness more. Our most powerful NA list is definitely motivating as well.

What I like about Brent is that while PFI's specialty is Hondas, he seems especially enthusiastic about the H22, where most seem to prefer the obvious B or K. Combine that with how people come from out of state (hell, even out of country - BB showed that Land Cruiser from the UAE) to have this guy work on all sorts of cars, I know it'll be in good hands.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:13 PM   #186
CyborgGT
CB7tuner Member

Well, some serious shit's happened in the home life in the last month or so and it's got the build on hold. Still trying to be shopping for a wagon by the end of the summer, though... provided the right one shows up for sale. I can't likely take short-notice vacation time off work, so looking too far afield for a chassis isn't going to work.

But anyway, a month and a half ago, I dropped some things off to be powder coated - and what a birthday gift! They went a couple weeks over the "month" I was quoted (even though I told them on day one that there's no rush, no deadline), so they felt bad and gave it to me for free. I kinda feel bad about not paying, but it's not like I won't have a ton more parts to coat later on. I'm sure that's what they were hoping for anyway. We got as close as we could to Toyota's Quicksand color, which the bay will eventually be matched to. The car will be built to drive, first and foremost, but I've been going to car shows since I was a kid and would love to have something worth showing myself one day. The bay will be clean. That said, parts to be colored tan were chosen very carefully:

- Only the rear of the engine mounts, since it's the only one that bolts to the chassis. Rear subframe will be made tan when I get it. The other mounts will be silver to match the trans/engine they mount to - the plastic timing covers will be painted silver to simplify and clean up that side.

- Most of the ESP traction bar. I'm thinking that I'll like having all of the car's suspension arms, knuckles, etc coated this color as a nice contrast to the black underside of the unibody, so I went beyond just the bar itself and had the radius rods coated. The interior of this dark blue wagon will be custom-upholstered tan, so the tan suspension pieces should all flow nicely. The top mount for the torque strut sits against the engine, so that will be silver. I left the torque strut itself polished because I can't imagine it looking right if it were any other color. A tan torque strut would make it look like the engine bay was propping up the engine, and anything else would stand out in some other ugly way.

- The oil pan... more 'just because.' It used to be a metallic orange, because I thought I was going to get Bisi cam gears and thought that would make for a cool matching accent. I guess I could have gone silver, but I think that wouldn't have looked right. Imagining a look from under the car, I think this will look best. I spent a full hour reapplying the DEI heat tape, trying to have it lay as smooth as possible.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: