Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Boosting the H22 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool beans I wanted to go with Neptune but nobody uses it down here, so had to go with S300.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
      Cool beans I wanted to go with Neptune but nobody uses it down here, so had to go with S300.
      i hear the S300 is pretty good.

I cant wait to get this car on the road again.. middle nov wont come soon enough. due to injector/turbo restriction ill be limited to -400hp
      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
      den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

400whp is all you need, raced anything yet? The 757 has a lot of Evos and STIs, you should be able to burn most of them from a roll.

Comment

400whp is all you need, raced anything yet? The 757 has a lot of Evos and STIs, you should be able to burn most of them from a roll.
          umm V6 Genesis, Civic B20(Perfect Tune), a Mustang or 2. Do you know Hassan/Cartman/Ernie/Daquan/Pat/Horus/ Any of those ppl sound familiar ?
          Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

With more than 400whp, you'll have a very hard time getting traction anyway. High power FWD is good for bragging rights, but not much else. Also, 400whp from a stock bottom end will explode VERY quickly, no matter how well it's tuned. Unless you mean that stuff will be limiting you once you've upgraded the internals...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              With more than 400whp, you'll have a very hard time getting traction anyway. High power FWD is good for bragging rights, but not much else. Also, 400whp from a stock bottom end will explode VERY quickly, no matter how well it's tuned. Unless you mean that stuff will be limiting you once you've upgraded the internals...
              Oh im having the works done, sleeve rods pistions barreings, some head work etc..

Comment

Oh, ok. In that case, boost away! Just be careful with your current block... it'll raise the cost considerably if you throw a rod through that block before you build!

Don't go overboard with the power, though... unless you just want to impress people with numbers. Most people I know that boost their CB7s over 400hp... hell, over 300hp... often lose interest, because the car stops being fun to drive. Go for overall balance, and you'll be much more likely to enjoy driving the car better. It'll NEVER be the fastest thing on the road, but if it's respectably fast, you're good. 350whp with a good suspension, a stiff chassis, and transmission gearing that makes use of your powerband will easily put you in the low 13s, if not the high 12s. You'll be hanging with Corvettes at that point.

Keep fuel economy in mind as well. You're going to be dumping premium fuel into this car from here on out, and the more power you make, the more fuel it'll take! I have a 400hp car that I often drive with a light foot, because one quick blast through the gears ends up costing me about $5!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Oh, ok. In that case, boost away! Just be careful with your current block... it'll raise the cost considerably if you throw a rod through that block before you build!

Don't go overboard with the power, though... unless you just want to impress people with numbers. Most people I know that boost their CB7s over 400hp... hell, over 300hp... often lose interest, because the car stops being fun to drive. Go for overall balance, and you'll be much more likely to enjoy driving the car better. It'll NEVER be the fastest thing on the road, but if it's respectably fast, you're good. 350whp with a good suspension, a stiff chassis, and transmission gearing that makes use of your powerband will easily put you in the low 13s, if not the high 12s. You'll be hanging with Corvettes at that point.

Keep fuel economy in mind as well. You're going to be dumping premium fuel into this car from here on out, and the more power you make, the more fuel it'll take! I have a 400hp car that I often drive with a light foot, because one quick blast through the gears ends up costing me about $5!
                  Yup im guessing ill be around 350-380 because of injectors/turbo, but im think that will be perfect nothing too crazy, fun.. after this paint and wheels and time for a meet !
                  Last edited by tutsuo; 10-22-2012, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
                    umm V6 Genesis, Civic B20(Perfect Tune), a Mustang or 2. Do you know Hassan/Cartman/Ernie/Daquan/Pat/Horus/ Any of those ppl sound familiar ?

If you mean Ernie from EFC in Newport News yes.

Comment

If you mean Ernie from EFC in Newport News yes.
                      Yea i see him on the weekends they run.

Disclosure please keep all things said about my car, stricly to cb7tuner.com please

Comment

Yea Ernie is my main man, I miss him and the crew up there. Nothing like down here in Fla.

Comment

I would boost the H... fuck it you only live once

Get some proper pistons + rings and an F22A crank. Get that nice meaty midrange, drop VTEC xover, cap the redline at like 7000. Midrange was my favorite part of my H22 CB, not really the top. I'd go turbo to augment that

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

You don't need the F22 crank with a turbo... get a properly sized turbo, and you'll have all the midrange power you need.

Comment

More displacement = less boost for the same power = better response

Plus the crank + rods are pretty much free, and you really should upgrade the pistons anyway. I wouldnt turbocharge any of these motors on stock pistons, that's a waste of time

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

But .1L? Not enough of a displacement increase to justify the work... though I suppose if you're replacing the internals already, it's not really THAT much work...

Comment

Working...
                                X