Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

For all you Megan/ebay header users.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by (({ShauN})) View Post
    you're saying you can use the two rings?
    you cannot use the stock rings, unless you want to hold them in place while you clamp down on them, because there are no grooves. i did this one time in the past but it was messy, i usually just use sufficient copper silicone instead of an actual gasket that has the potential to blow a chunk out of the side of it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

on my first cb i constantly had a leak. i finally got mine tig welded shut.
      had to disasimble the front of my car to put it on, but it never leaked.

Comment

Great find man,i will try it out. Quick question guys,i am smelling alot of exhaust fumes in the car especially if i get on it and rev it high...is that what all of you guys are experiencing aswell with the leaky headers? I just wanna make sure that is the problem and not something else.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
          you cannot use the stock rings, unless you want to hold them in place while you clamp down on them, because there are no grooves. i did this one time in the past but it was messy, i usually just use sufficient copper silicone instead of an actual gasket that has the potential to blow a chunk out of the side of it.
          that's what I thought.

I said to myself there's no way those two little rings are going to work.

Comment

do you use only 1 or 2?

I'm getting mind from AdvanceAutoParts for $11 with P20 Coupon (online->in store pickup)

Comment

I just bought an ebay header a few days ago, didn't realize the gaskets weren't reliable Thanks for the tip

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                I just got the "ebay" $55 shipped header, only other problem was that the block bracket broke off due to almost no welding done to it, just welded it back on.

I mean, where else are you gonna find a TIG welded stainless header for this cheap? Sure its the lower quality 300 series stainless, so the finish goes to shit quick, but hey just hit with some header paint and good as new. Megan header is probably no better.
                same shit happen to mine, who you gets yours from? mine hasnt had any other problems besides that, no leaks and its been 6 months, also used the OEM gasket
                Originally posted by scudweiser
                it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

My ebay header is fine.
                  Are the ebay headers thinner then a good one? If so would that cause It to get hotter? Mine did seem like it got really hot though...I wrapped it tho and it brought the engine bay temp down a good 10-20.f.
                  Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                  93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

these gaskets really are bad quality i had it installed by a shop and started to leak after a few days...

Comment

i took a sanding block and some $80 grit to the flange, once i saw that both surfaces were flat, put some copper silicone and tada
                      i couldnt stand thast leak dirtying my block

also

sand a polish the header, and it will last forever (3 years and counting)
                      Last edited by PR CB7; 06-17-2011, 10:14 PM.
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I bought a full JVT Racing 2.5" SS exhaust off ebay for like $240.00 and the only thing that had the official JVT tag on it was the catback section and the resonator. The header was something generic but it's been about six months and no leaks yet.

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                          i took a sanding block and some $80 grit to the flange, once i saw that both surfaces were flat, put some copper silicone and tada
                          i couldnt stand thast leak dirtying my block

also

sand a polish the header, and it will last forever (3 years and counting)
                          dpesnt the polishing chemical do something when the header heats up though? think i read a thread about this the other night on here
                          IG:worldboss_sanjcb7

Comment

I read on the site awhile back that a 95 subaru legacy gasket worked good.
                            dont have the part number
                            H22A, Short Ram, AEM Uego, Chipped P28 with Crome, A/C Delete, Rear disc conversion. (Front Tein Basic Coilovers, H&R springs 1.7/1.5, and Fog lights waiting to be installed.)

Comment

Working...
                            X