Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Automatic vs standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic vs standard

My first car was a standard 96 integra . I only had it for a week before it got stolen and that was the only time I drove a standard. I now have an automatic 92 accord. I forget how it feels driving standard and just wanted to know if its worth putting more money into my accord or should I trade it for a standard. Also what do you guys prefer driving? Thanx
    BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Manual is what I prefer. Going from auto to manual takes a decent amount or work and time; converting the bracket to the manual one or buying the conversion from ESP, clutch pedal assembly, resivoir and clutch lines, shifter cables, and shifter.
    If you are able and have time to do it, I would say to go for it. If not then go ahead and buy one that is already manual.

I think this should have went into the performance section and not in the appearance section

Comment

Moved.

Unless you paid a boatload for your current car, it is especially nice, or has sentimental value, I would maintain it and either trade or buy one already manual.

You're going to spend roughly $1500-$2000 for a mix of old and new parts that may or may not go together well.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Na I spent $1000 for the car, about 100 for the tune up and 200 for the rims and like some cheap eBay adjustable a that I never installed yet. But ya man I want a standard but its super hard to find here in Hawaii. I'll keep lookin on Craigslist .
        BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

If that's the case if yours is in really good shape then you may want to keep it and go forward.

Those cheap ebay adjustable whatever's can blow your shocks really quick and cause for a very bouncy and harsh ride.
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

It's funny I hear that a lot on the Internet but a lot of my friends say that the struts will be fine if I don't drop it any lower then 2 and a half. I would buy coilover a but ima wait till I get a standard accord first
            BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
              Moved.

Unless you paid a boatload for your current car, it is especially nice, or has sentimental value, I would maintain it and either trade or buy one already manual.

You're going to spend roughly $1500-$2000 for a mix of old and new parts that may or may not go together well.
              where did you get that estimate? because if you have a picknpull junkyard near you, you can get most things pretty cheap. im selling my whole setup minus the trans bracket and SS braided line for 250 to a local.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Maybe he got that estimate because he lives in Hawaii and parts over there may not be as abundant as they are here and he may have to have some shipped.

Comment

My car is an automatic with a sequential manual mode. I switch back and forth between auto and 'manual' and there are times at stoplights when I forget it's in manual and the RPMs keep going up. I think, "dammit just shift for me!" and put it back into auto and cruise. I don't know what I prefer, they're both great in their own right.

For a stock or near-stock car, I'd probably keep it automatic. A performance engine demands manual.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Moved to Off Topic, as we don't need post-whores padding their count by saying "manual bro!!!"

Whether or not it's "worth it" is completely up to you. What do you want out of the car? I enjoy having a manual transmission. I currently have 4 cars, and all are manual. It's my preference. We have people here that prefer auto, and some are into making their cars fast. The automatic transmissions on these cars can be performance oriented... but by this time, they probably need some work to be back to proper condition.

Depending on the accessibility of parts, and your own mechanical abilities, Joey's price estimate for the conversion is probably about right.
                    Do your research on this site. The auto/manual conversion is very well documented. The founder of this site actually did it to his own car.

Originally posted by RoseRoyce View Post
                    a lot of my friends say that the struts will be fine if I don't drop it any lower then 2 and a half.
                    Your friends clearly don't know what they're talking about, then. You should NEVER lower on stock struts. You should not even lower on "upgraded" struts that aren't specifically made to handle a certain drop and spring rate (which means most aftermarket springs will be too much for KYB GR2s, KYB AGX, Tokico HP, or Koni STR.T.)
                    Do your research. Buy what is correct for your needs, and for your safety. Don't go by "what people say", because those people won't help you if you crash! Learn for yourself. If you don't absolutely know and understand what you're doing, and why, when it comes to your suspension, don't touch it. That is a major safety risk when halfassed.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Moved to Off Topic, as we don't need post-whores padding their count by saying "manual bro!!!"

Whether or not it's "worth it" is completely up to you. What do you want out of the car? I enjoy having a manual transmission. I currently have 4 cars, and all are manual. It's my preference. We have people here that prefer auto, and some are into making their cars fast. The automatic transmissions on these cars can be performance oriented... but by this time, they probably need some work to be back to proper condition.

Depending on the accessibility of parts, and your own mechanical abilities, Joey's price estimate for the conversion is probably about right.
                      Do your research on this site. The auto/manual conversion is very well documented. The founder of this site actually did it to his own car.

Your friends clearly don't know what they're talking about, then. You should NEVER lower on stock struts. You should not even lower on "upgraded" struts that aren't specifically made to handle a certain drop and spring rate (which means most aftermarket springs will be too much for KYB GR2s, KYB AGX, Tokico HP, or Koni STR.T.)
                      Do your research. Buy what is correct for your needs, and for your safety. Don't go by "what people say", because those people won't help you if you crash! Learn for yourself. If you don't absolutely know and understand what you're doing, and why, when it comes to your suspension, don't touch it. That is a major safety risk when halfassed.
                      Thanx man. Appreciate the feedback foreal.
                      BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

I have an automatic... I hate it... But... I drive in traffic all the time, so it's convenient.

Comment

automatic

i got a 90 4dr cb7.im running an lsd automatic with a japan f22a and honestly i love the performance it puts out.i take on from a dead stop gsr integras and i swear to you this......i win every time.

Comment

Condition is everything, as stated above.

My opinion on this is already out their. And I enjoyed both setups equally.

Condition condition and maintenance. Makes a world of difference.
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

I think standard is just cooler. A Lil more fun to drive. And my automatic is pretty slow lol. Its been so long since I drove a manual tho so if I trade my auto, I hope I don't regret it. Also I only drove manual for a week so I didn't get the full experience
                              BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Working...
                              X