affordable health are act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

affordable health are act

Does any one have a clue what all this is about?

Are we getting credit towards health insurance of our choice or only government insurance (like medicare(cali has its own insurance type! +1 cali) )

If its medicare then I am not happy, hate to say it but Im used to a better insurance provider. And some doctors who accept medicare are not very good.

I guess I've been spoiled with great health insurance coverage. What do you guys think about Affordable health care act?

Any one really know if it will help?

Some one like me I like to have health coverage, that $150 a month is nothing if I decide to go "my name is '8Ball' and this JACKASS"

I personally distaste the mandate from the ACA. However, being under the age of 26, I obviously benefit from the extensions provided to me: If my parents have a recent coverage plan (from 2012 or later), the carrier is required to provide coverage for me as well (until I'm 26 years old). It doesn't matter if I am a student or not, have a job or not, or whether or not my employer provides health insurance, I am still covered.

I don't know that this qualifies as gaming the system, as it's really the carrier that pays here (well, really the insurees like me...), buy my employer does provide me with free health benefits, and my parents' carrier covers me for free as well.

Beyond that, I think there are huge issues with the bill. Quite frankly, there could be huge implications of the portion that currently benefits me as well, I just haven't really payed attention (as it of course was coming regardless). I believe health care could have greatly benefited from a reform, but I don't think this one was it.

Comment

here you go.

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-facts.php

For someone like me, i have pre-existing health conditions that many insurance companies use as an excuse to deny me coverage. Even though i voted for the other guy, i'm going to take advantage of this Act to help me as Obama intended it to do.

I currently work as independent contractor so i do not get health insurance from my "employer". Instead I am suppose to supply my own health insurance BUT like i said, my pre-existing health conditions cause me to not qualify for coverage. I can afford the premiums no problem if my conditions didn't exclude me.

Comment

The same positive things could've been accomplished in addition to many others, while leaving the other 85% of the bullshit out if you ask me. Most of the changes have provoked healthcare costs to skyrocket.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
        X