1991 coupe jerks alot while slowing down 5 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 coupe jerks alot while slowing down 5 speed

When slowing in my 5 speed car starts to jerk back and forth. It seems to happen in just about every gear from 3000 rpm down to 2000rpm. Now I know it's the same feeling like when u let your clutch out to fast and don't give enough gas the car bucks and jerks you all over. Well I've never had any 5 speed do this to me in these rpm range before. I have always had a clean feeling slowing down and now this

Originally posted by 91accordblackex View Post
    When slowing in my 5 speed car starts to jerk back and forth. It seems to happen in just about every gear from 3000 rpm down to 2000rpm. Now I know it's the same feeling like when u let your clutch out to fast and don't give enough gas the car bucks and jerks you all over. Well I've never had any 5 speed do this to me in these rpm range before. I have always had a clean feeling slowing down and now this
    check for vacuum leaks

Comment

If by a jerk you mean like a shake feeling of the engine when you press the clutch (up/downshift) then you should check your motor mounts. Try that.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
        If by a jerk you mean like a shake feeling of the engine when you press the clutch (up/downshift) then you should check your motor mounts. Try that.
        x2

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

It's a bucking feeling when going down in rpms. Ill check for vacuum leaks tommarow with smoke machine. Motor mounts are good

Comment

QuikQuestions: When did this start, How long has this been going on, and When was your last transmission fluid change?
            Last edited by Accord1320; 05-10-2013, 01:56 AM.

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
            Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

Working...
            X