No announcement yet.

Fast N Loud/ Street Outlaws on Discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll watch Fast n' Loud when I'm just flipping through channels on my day off. It really got my attention when they worked on a '65 Thunderbird simply because that's a car I plan on owning one day (or a '63). They did it just how I would want to do mine, black on black bagged on white walls. However, I learned that bagging it wouldn't be easy at all.

This one sold for $22,500
    ]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Nine View Post
        I'll watch Fast n' Loud when I'm just flipping through channels on my day off. It really got my attention when they worked on a '65 Thunderbird simply because that's a car I plan on owning one day (or a '63). They did it just how I would want to do mine, black on black bagged on white walls. However, I learned that bagging it wouldn't be easy at all.

This one sold for $22,500
        I have a 65 tbird landau. Bagging one is no problem. They ran into all the problems because they used a pre assembled bolt in kit(more than likely a ad deal) and the car didn't sit low enough. People been slamming birds on a basic bag/mono leaf for years. I have plans on bagging mine, more than likely on a watts link because Iam having the rear tubbed to clear a wider set of wheels

Comment

I love fast and loud, watched the f40 episodes last night. i've not seen street outlaws, but I have it DVR'd.

One cool thing about Fast and Loud (to me at least) is the video production company I REALLY want to work for in St. Louis is the one that makes it.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I saw the F40's build...to be honest, I loved the end result, and the attention to detail. That, and to have the balls to drop that kind of cash to REbuild one with no idea how much it'd cost on parts & labor alone.

Overall, I like the show. It's better than having to sit down with my girl & watch the Kardashians bitch about nothing for 1hr.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
              I love Fast N Loud. Cool guys, awesome cars that are always done really well. I think it's one of the best car shows on, because there's no BS drama intertwined to keep your attention. The cool guys building the cool cars keep enough of your attention.
              That's what I like about the show too. It reminds me of Unique Whips, a show that used to be on Speed Channel, but with less ghetto whips and way less employee drama haha. I liked Unique Whips though because it was kinda cool to see what cars celebrities drove and their taste (or lack of).

Gas Monkey Garage is better in my opinion. The work and more importantly thought process of Aaron is insane and I really want to send a car of my own down there for them to build one day. I also like how Rich is always looking to expand. Always looking for the next car, the next sale, the next big project, the next location to expand his business.

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
              That blk f40 was nasty looking. Gas Monkeys did it. Rich fuks.
              Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
              I love fast and loud, watched the f40 episodes last night. i've not seen street outlaws, but I have it DVR'd.

One cool thing about Fast and Loud (to me at least) is the video production company I REALLY want to work for in St. Louis is the one that makes it.
              Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
              I saw the F40's build...to be honest, I loved the end result, and the attention to detail. That, and to have the balls to drop that kind of cash to REbuild one with no idea how much it'd cost on parts & labor alone.

Overall, I like the show. It's better than having to sit down with my girl & watch the Kardashians bitch about nothing for 1hr.
              Way to spoil it! I haven't watched it yet, still sitting on my DVR.

Glad to hear they said fuck the haters and painted it black anyway. I have a black F40 in GT5 and I can't wait to see what it looks like on a real car.

Comment

I have been watching both and for fast and loud the work they do is often pretty simple with the exception of the F40. Most of the cars are just bought, engine overhaul or replaced, clear coat, stance, and wheels. Nothing wrong with that since most of them come out good. I do remember the mustang they went all out on last season that got clipped by a guy with no insurance and totaled on the test drive. That was painful.

For street outlawz haven't I seen most of these guys race on Pinks in the past?

Comment

Love everything about Fast and Loud.

Street Outlaws I watch but don't really care for. I don't understand why they say that they have the fastest cars in the nation and I noticed they show clips of them running at the 1/4 mile but edit out the 1/4 mile time. I don't care who you can beat on the street, I just want to know your 1/4 mile time. Kinda glad that they haven't shown any imports racing though.

Comment

Highly doubtful you will see any imports, its way easier and cheaper to make a v8 powerplant car faster.

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Muscle cars vs imports is saved for a crappy show called "Are you faster than a redneck?" I could barely tolerate a full episode of that show. I know it's a show and they're probably acting completely biased but still, awful show.

The F40 looked awesome by the way. Cool wheels by HRE and the little F40 logo still red was a nice touch. Glad it went to a good owner, the guy who bought it haha. I wonder what that Dennis guy does. Just drops $400k on a wrecked Ferrari. Carries brief cases with $50 grand cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Macaqueistrong View Post
                        Love everything about Fast and Loud.

Street Outlaws I watch but don't really care for. I don't understand why they say that they have the fastest cars in the nation and I noticed they show clips of them running at the 1/4 mile but edit out the 1/4 mile time. I don't care who you can beat on the street, I just want to know your 1/4 mile time. Kinda glad that they haven't shown any imports racing though.
                        Your not going to see a time on a grudge car, they probally blur it because its all zeros anyways. These boys wager tons of money on some of these races. I watched one a few weeks ago for $10k.

A few buddies of mine have been in contact with the producers of street outlaws about being on it.

Comment

keagles... that is all.

Comment

Did anyone watched tonight's episode of street outlaws?crazy how that ef sedan kept up with the farm track for a bit.

CALI LIFE STYLE
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

^ H-swap for the win!

While the F40 looked great overall, those wheels where hideous for that car. Should have kept the stock wheels; miles cooler.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                                ^ H-swap for the win!

While the F40 looked great overall, those wheels where hideous for that car. Should have kept the stock wheels; miles cooler.
                                Was it an H swap? I thought it was a b series or something, I couldn't really tell.

CALI LIFE STYLE
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

Working...
                                X