Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Common terms being tossed around i.e. P06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B20F22A1
    So help me out guys...what ecu is recommended for a F22b swap..I know the P38 is way out of my budget but still have the funds to do a somewhat decent chipped ecu or flashing!
    a chippable non-vtec ecu is all you need. There is no perfect ecu, they're all the same essentially.
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Thanx bro

Comment

I had written this article a while back for my old blog, might be useful to some people.

Chipped Honda ECU Myths

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by MRX
          it's retarded to take a vtec ecu and make it non-vtec. A pure p28 will go for a lot more than a p28 with no vtec. How about this, trade me the p28 for a chipped non-vtec ecu of mine with a lot cut off the price. That way you aren't wasting a perfectly good p28 that I or others could benefit from.
          all right that sounds brilliant b/c i don't need the vtec and like u said someone else might as well benifit from it i actually just bought this it will be here on wed. or thur.
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TODAY.m238.lVI

hope fully i can start tuning soon just need the wideband and gauge(inform me anybody if i need any other products very intrested in starting to tune
          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by MRX
            The pt3, pt6, p0a, p14, p13...they are all chippable but companies like JET and Gude are the only ones that have figured it. I can chip things like the p14 but i can only turn off the speed governor and knock sensor...maybe an 02 sensor. The programs are locked so I can't even modify the fuel and ignition curves. The accord and prelude ecu's are limited. The fuel and ignition maps for them look INSANE and last time I checked none of them could accept more table values for boost or nitrous.
            So if im putting an H23 in with my AT a6 tranny, then it doesnt really matter if i go with p06 or p14, does it..?

Cuz i plan on keeping it AT, and my only concerns would be the knock sensor and governor.

PS: MRX, YGPM

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

A p14 will run your motor like it's meant to be ran, with the knock sensor properly hooked up.

A p06 won't run your engine as it should out of the box. You will have to get it tuned.

Chipped ecu's aren't just a plug n play thing. For a lot of people, it has been, but most always get theirs tuned.

Also, if you would have researched, you would have found this
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=auto

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I hadnt come across that yet...

Im curious as to how well the H23 would run with my pt6... Doubt it would last very long.

Yeah, ATs arent worth tuning, but since im doing a swap, im gonna need a chipped ECU....or am i?

I dont want alot of fancy add-ons and what-nots, just your typical bolt-ons. I just want the engine to run properly....or as "properly" as possible.

But if i have to run a chipped ECU then i may just have to get the p14 and find the guide for the knock sensor.

I didnt know that ECUs were as interchangable as they are. Now i that i know that, i see it doesnt really matter. Im only leaning towards the p14 because its the ECU the H23 is used to.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

so as i read you say that any ecu can be made to run as anyother ecu...?
                  i have been looking into getting a p72 chipped and basemap is 250 for it all but at a the jy there are a couple im goin to check in on.
                  i have a h22 and wanna run the secondarys can this be done on a p28 or do i need to go to a p72?

Comment

Please re-read the first post again, especially the part that says any chippable ecu can be made to work the exact same as another.
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

haha i was just double checking.
                      thank you.
                      hopfully i come across a good find on friday!

Comment

i guess i have another question then.
                        if i can pick any ecu pretty much which one would be recommeneded.
                        would it be easier to get a p72 or convert like a p06?

Comment

How much are you willing to spend. Its as easy as that. p06 can convert to a p28.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

will some1 buy me a book. ecus for dummys! cuz i have no clue what ur taling about.. but i wanna get rid of my speed govener how do i do that? i have a f22a1 also whats a knock sensor? dont mean to sound lieka nub but i just dunno what all this stuff is and im curious lol

8 Accords so far:
                            '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                            '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                            (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

well that what im wondering. would it be cheaper to buy a say p28 and add iab's and chip it with the h22 base map or say buy a p72 and just chip that?
                              money isnt a huge issue i wanna spend what will get it done right but not a huge amount. i found a p06 chipped for vtec for 170 and a virgin for 60 and a chipped p72 for 250 with basemap.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Cb7Rid3r
                                will some1 buy me a book. ecus for dummys! cuz i have no clue what ur taling about.. but i wanna get rid of my speed govener how do i do that? i have a f22a1 also whats a knock sensor? dont mean to sound lieka nub but i just dunno what all this stuff is and im curious lol
                                haha ya i know how you feel i had no idea about the computer side of things and am just starting to get into it.
                                read up on everything you can. thats how to start to figure things out. and im not sure about how to remove the govener. the programing is past me ahah sorry man.
                                as for the knock
                                The knock sensor is used by the ECU to retard ignition timing when it detects engine knock, or pinging. With a stock ECU the knock sensor is not used over 5000 rpm, as engine noise masks the sound of the knock. The knock sensor is often confused by after market pistons, which have larger clearances than stock pistons, so is it best to disable on engines with after market pistons.
                                copied from the hondata website.

Comment

Working...
                                X