Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fuel pump question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel pump question

Do all the f22's for accords share the same fuel pump. My pump is getting weak and I looked on rockauto only to see fuel pumps saying they are for motor code f22a1's or dx accords.. I have an f22a6, will the f22a1 pump work/fit??? While im ordering parts im goig to put a new o2 sensor as well as a new fuel pressure regulator.

Of all my years working on Honda vehicles I have never found a pump that slowly gets week. They usually ether work or they don't. if you are having a fuel supply issue it will usually be something else. Fuel pressure regulator or fuel filter maybe...... If your car feels under powered it could be a couple different things.

Just out of curiosity, what is your issue that is making you want to replace the fuel pump?

To answer your question, yes the A1 pump will work with the A6. The impeller or pumps themselves are all the same.
    Last edited by GhostAccord; 04-25-2014, 08:47 PM.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Sputters at highway speeds. Occasionally sputters after first go for the day. Check engine code 43. Doesnt seem like an o2 sensor. I could be wrong. Smell of gas on the oil dipstick. Fuel builds up in the exhaust. Weird smell. Lack of get up and go

Comment

Fuel filter has about 10,000 miles on it. Nice fresh tune up as well with ngk iridium plugs and wires. New distributor cap and rotor as well. No oil on plugs just pulled the cam cage and replaced the lower seals. Just did the valve lashing too. All of this was done about 10,000 miles ago. I pulled the wires today just to make sure they were dry too. In the morning im going to pulled the vacuum line to the pressure regulator to make sure its dry. I just figured if I did a fresh pump and regulator the car would run great.

Comment

It is most times cheaper and less time consuming to find out what is actually wrong. Then it is to replace parts that may not even need replacing.

If you smell gas in your oil and exhaust, that would usually lead me to believe that you are getting too much fuel (running rich) or an insufficient combustion burn (weak spark/ low compression).

Remove your new spark plugs from the engine and see what they look like. Your spark plugs can tell you a lot about the condition of your engine. Let us know how they look.

A dirty/old O2 sensor could definitely cause these issues. If the O2 sensor is dirty that could cause it to send back a leaner signal than what is really there. Therefore the ECU will add more fuel to the mixture to balance out the lean signal received from the dirty/old O2 sensor.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Is the car throwing any codes?

Comment

Plugs still look brand new. Ngk wires are the best for this car and they are brand new too. Its throwing a code 43 which usually means o2 sensor but I have had a bad o2 before and these issues seem a bit worse

Comment

Also thr code is generally intermittent, usually when higher speeds. Also when im at highway speed it will occasionally bog down. I release the throttle and it kicks back to normal. Idles alittle rough too

Comment

There is a thread around here somewhere about the cursed code 43. If I remember correctly someone went into some detail of what to test on the fuel, ignition and PGMFI systems to find the issue. I'm off to work right now, so I can't take the time to find it. Have a look around the site for it. If you have no luck, I'll see what I can dig up!
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Hey ghost, sorry for the late response. I did a little trial and error on the accord. I pulled the wires on the o2 sensor and the bogging went away. Dumped a shit ton of fuel lol but the o2 sensor was the issue. I ordered a new denso from rockauto alog with some other goodies that needed to be done. Thank you for your patience and I have seen on this site you appear to very knowledgeable. Guys like you and deeve can never leave this forum....

Comment

Working...
                    X