Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know who the guy is using CB7tuner as his Instagram name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know who the guy is using CB7tuner as his Instagram name?

https://www.instagram.com/cb7tuner/

Looks like it's not terribly active, and hasn't been for quite a while. I don't use Instagram, but I'm hoping I can contact the guy and ask if he'd mind changing/deleting/transferring the name. I already contacted Instagram, and they simply said "names are given on a first come, first serve basis", which is precisely what I expected of them.

There's also a Steven D. that apparently owns www.twitter.com/cb7tuner

I'm trying to consolidate all CB7tuner names on social media, even if I don't use them. The Twitter guy has 5 followers, but no tweets. Surely those followers are under the impression that he's representing the forum.

Comment

check your facebook, so i can send you pictures of who may be the creator of cb7 instagram

Comment

I remember in a thread on here someone making an Instagram for this site being as one hadn't already been made. I believe you approved it Mike. This was in one of the "The Facebook group sucks" threads on here.

Comment

I believe there was one, yes. Matthew Smida made it, if I recall. I forget who he is on here (he's since either been banned or left the old facebook group.) That was CB7_Tuner or something, though. I'm going to have to see if he can remove the "official" designation on that group, if I can manage to get my hands on the one that is simply CB7tuner, as that's the one that I would prefer.
          That guy seems to have like 10 pictures, only half are of a CB (or multiple CBs).

Comment

Ok, that's the only thing CB7tuner.com/Instagram related I remembered which could have possibly been what you were looking for.

Comment

if its the one i sent you.. his plate might be his username

"
              mmmmmcb7 is cool... so far.
              Newcomer
              Send Message User Lists
              Last Activity: 03-27-2015 01:58 PM"

Total Posts

Comment

That's possible. If it is, what a jackass. Not even an active member of the forum, yet he takes our name. No respect.

Comment

(back from hiding, but...)

Could you get CB7tuner under a trademark? It'll cost money, but if you can do it, you can submit to IG a trademark violation or infringement.

You can complete this form and report through here. You will have to be prepared to complete this claim in the report as well.

Are Internet domain names covered by trademark law?

The short answer is yes. Most people are familiar with website names like www.yahoo.com or www.amazon.com. The words between "www." and the .com are typically used to identify the business that owns the website or a well-known product or service that is featured on the site. Frequently, this identifier is an abbreviation of the company or product name.

The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office allows these identifiers to be registered as trademarks as long as they are being used in connection with a site that sells goods or services. And the courts offer these domain names the same protection as other types of trademark.
                  via source

Or, if you want, we can report the account to where IG suspends/closes the account for you to claim LOL

For Twitter, check this.
                  State "I am being impersonated", since you are pretty much CB7tuner. You have to state precisely as to why you should get the Twitter handle (which shouldn't be too difficult). Twitter support should contact you with directions on how to proceed. If you had sucessfully gotten the trademark, it shouldn't be too difficult from there
                  Last edited by aww_shiet; 03-21-2016, 07:04 PM.
                  Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Sadly, no official trademark. I should've done it a few years ago when I had money. Right now, I'm back to being a broke college student!
                    I have all the necessary info to protect my intellectual property otherwise (as in, if someone else were to attempt to register the trademark, I could sue the shit out of them and win...) but at the moment, I'd be looking at a cost of about $600. Possibly more.

Once I have a bit of money to spare, I intend to do it. I suppose claiming all of the things bearing the CB7tuner name will have to wait until then :/

Unless, of course, I can find the people behind the names... and they're decent enough to hand them over to me.

Comment

Or, if you want, we can report the account to where IG suspends/closes the account for you to claim LOL

shhhh (secret) lol

Comment

That could work! Taking the nice route might be a better first option, though.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          That could work! Taking the nice route might be a better first option, though.
                          yea lol I'll try and DM the guy too to see if he's willing to let go of the name for you as well. I'll let you know.

Comment

I know someone who used to work at Twitter. Back in the early days they could get you an account name if it was inactive, which was something like no posts for 6 months. But they stopped that a long time ago. I wound up with realjason though I never use it lol. I think it would look pretty bad for them to just take over other peoples accounts now that they are a big company. I think your best chance would be going the nice route and contacting them and asking if you can take it over.
                            HSHO #3

Comment

Who's the guy running the cb7tuners group?
                              Originally posted by cb7dazz
                              And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              ...for example

Comment

Working...
                              X