CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Old 07-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
siccmade835
Newcomer

siccmade835 is cool... so far.
Post ah, lowering the vehicle

Thinkin of lowering my 93 se coupe. I don't want it too low. Just enoughto change appearance. And wouldn't have to worry AS MUCH about speed bumps and dips. What height would you say that would be? 1.5"? 2"? Picture examples if possible? Now I understand there are the right and wrong ways of lowering your car. My question is, would doing it the best qualitest way even have the bumpy ride? How does it feel to ride in a low car? Turns are more stiff? Once you go low will you face tech issues in the long run? Even using the best method?
siccmade835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
All of these are stickies in the suspension section. I suggest you help yourself to the information that this forum has done well to amass over the past decade.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178582
Old 07-24-2013, 02:14 AM   #3
thestockcb7
Newcomer

thestockcb7 is cool... so far.
I've made a thread similar about how low I should go, check it out!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=198510
thestockcb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
slyknik
CB7tuner Member

slyknik is cool... so far.
Also, do not mention EBAY COIL SLEEVES on this forum, you might release the Kraken,
slyknik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
that's the truth!

Only use quality components that are made to work with each other. 2" or less is considered a mild drop, so it's the most practical way to do it.

Personally, I'd suggest some H&R Sport or Neuspeed Sport springs for a 1.8F/1.5R drop. Pair those with some Koni Yellow shocks (also known as Koni Sport), and you'll have a setup that will offer increased performance and better looks without sacrificing ride quality, safety, or comfort. Get a camber kit from Ingalls or SPC (the ONLY brands I would trust... cheap brands can break, and when that stuff breaks, you crash.) Get a proper alignment with the camber kit installed, and you'll be good to go.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
oni_cb7
CB7tuner Member

oni_cb7 is cool... so far.
If you do go for a 2" drop, then you might run into problems with some speedbumps and steep driveways; as this could cause you to scrape your exhaust (nothing major). Additionally, if you have an aftermarket front lip, then this might scrape when coming out of driveways.
oni_cb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
slyknik
CB7tuner Member

slyknik is cool... so far.
I personally used these crappy sleeves (Let's hear it Deev), not worth it...I took them off 2 weeks later due to the ride being bouncy, noisy and uncomfortable...saving up right now for F&F1, might be a while as Im in college. Sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
that's the truth!

Only use quality components that are made to work with each other. 2" or less is considered a mild drop, so it's the most practical way to do it.

Personally, I'd suggest some H&R Sport or Neuspeed Sport springs for a 1.8F/1.5R drop. Pair those with some Koni Yellow shocks (also known as Koni Sport), and you'll have a setup that will offer increased performance and better looks without sacrificing ride quality, safety, or comfort. Get a camber kit from Ingalls or SPC (the ONLY brands I would trust... cheap brands can break, and when that stuff breaks, you crash.) Get a proper alignment with the camber kit installed, and you'll be good to go.
slyknik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #8
PUMASTi
Contributing Member

PUMASTi is cool... so far.
I think Deev is secretely sponsored by Koni lol.

I ran H&R race springs with Tokiko illumina adjustable struts on my CB. Never had any issues, the car was pretty low and handled great.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
preyes86
CB7tuner Member

preyes86 may have said something they shouldn't have...
Great info once again! Thanks guys
preyes86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #10
High5er
CB7tuner Member

High5er may have said something they shouldn't have...
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyknik View Post
I personally used these crappy sleeves (Let's hear it Deev), not worth it...I took them off 2 weeks later due to the ride being bouncy, noisy and uncomfortable...saving up right now for F&F1, might be a while as Im in college. Sigh

did the exact same thing! cept I replaced them with f&f type 1's
High5er is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drop , lower , suspension

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: