Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any benefits to jailbreaking an iPhone 5s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any benefits to jailbreaking an iPhone 5s?

I have a relatively new 5s, running iOS 7.0.6. I haven't jailbroken a phone since my original 4 many moons ago. I remember liking some of the extra goodies I could get on there, but not liking the decreased stability.
    Has anyone jailbroken a 5s here? If so, would you recommend it? What extras have you added thanks to the jailbreak that make it worth doing? Are there any major drawbacks?

I haven't even looked to see if it can be done to 7.0.6 yet, but if it can't yet, it will be available soon I'm sure!

I jailbroke my brothers iphone 5 before the big update. It seemed very stable and quite reliable. Some of the features he really liked about was a cpu speed adjustment to extend battery life amd other nick nacks like changing certain looks.

I would recommend it
    visit vgruk

Comment

It hasn't changed much since the first release, so the same stuff. It's only a software based jail brake so ya I would do it:

Advantages:
      = More Custimbility
      = More Themes
      = More Free Ringtones
      = Apps That Didn't Pass The Apple Quality Test
      = Funny Tweaks
      = Usefull Apps For Accesesories
      = Other apps that are usually free
      = Access to 3rd party servers that contain already cracked apps

Disadvantages:
      = Possibility Of Small Lag (only visible if you watch closly)
      = Small Posibiltiy Of Virus
      = Some False Apps
      = Disables Spell Checker (I think)
      = Must be re-jail broken if a reset has been done (lose all settings apps)
      = Long term reliability and backup solution does not exist (ie - 1 year down the road you have to reset or apple comes out with an update that brakes your jail broken phone, you lose everything that was applied via cydia/jail broken)

Comment

Working...
      X