Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP: Replacing them PRESSED ON ROTORS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for the back bolts, offset wrenches are the best! haha i think putting the sucker back on to align the rear bolts takes the longest =)
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

something like this?
      http://www.allproducts.com/tool/okt/...3127232838.jpg
      im about to do mine so im just making a list

-axle nut socket
      -breaker bar large
      -loktite
      -torque wrench 250 ft/lb
      -offset wrench

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

i have yet to do this and would REALLY love it if someone can get pics, i know wed3k and a lot of things out there have contributed to it..

ill be buying tools slowly..
        i've got my pads. will order rotors SOON!!
        hahahahah

Comment

there is a few vids out there check em out.

Comment

oh i did. wed3k ones though. when he lit the whistling pete and stuff.. im guessing the hardest things are dealing w/ STUCK bolts or hard to torque areas.

well good luck.. just post if can
            hahahahah

Comment

im gonna attempt this when my brakes arrive, the hardest part for me will be getting the balljoints off, never done that before, only the UCA.

Comment

ive tried ball joint poppers and 2-3 jaw pullers but i couldnt get mine off.
                so the above method that i listed was the only way, you just need to experiment and once you got it....it works pretty damn well.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

and then to get them back on ?? is it just an issue of jacking under the other part of the joint?

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                    and then to get them back on ?? is it just an issue of jacking under the other part of the joint?
                    to get that back on, you just put the ball joint back into the hole and torque it to spec...it has the wight of the knuckle on the ball joint so it aint going to pop out.

plus, you have the little clip that goes inside the hole...
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

well i removed the steering knuckle/tie rod thingy off the wheel assambly but i DID NOT remove the balljoins. lol u don't need too
                      for the back bolts i needed only this.... at the time i didnt' have it. and keep in mind use a 11 spoke socket
                      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                        well i removed the steering knuckle/tie rod thingy off the wheel assambly but i DID NOT remove the balljoins. lol u don't need too
                        for the back bolts i needed only this.... at the time i didnt' have it. and keep in mind use a 11 spoke socket
                        hmmm, looks like a good investment and would save around 20 minutes, nice job!
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord

great idea man, as soon as my brakes come in, im going to attempt this shit.

Comment

Working...
                          X