SUSP: Tie rod install/ Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSP: Tie rod install/ Removal

First Jack up the car and support it up with jackstands or other. Take wheel off. etc Make it look like the picture below.

Then you will want to get a 19mm Wrench and turn the nut to loosen it a TINY bit then you will need to go to the end of it where the 14mm bolt is and take the clotter pin out.

Next you are going to want to bang the crap out of the top of the bolt/tie rod end to get it seperated from the hub. as pictured below

Once it is loose you are going to loosen/twist the tie rod off from the nut you just undid till its all off.

Here is the new and old tie rod next to each other: blue thing is just a cover

Now to the same steps in reverse. Twist the new tie rod in. Get tighten the nut tight. Get the end up in the hub assembly use the new nut. MAKE sure you use the clotter Pin. it's a MUST

Then get it aligned the next day and Love your cb7.

Enjoy

Last edited by Maple50175; 01-03-2006, 06:36 PM.

Thanks, Maple. But please double-check your pix ... they're a no-show for me.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

will be up digital cam is charging

Comment

Gotcha. BTW, card readers are pretty inexpensive. You wouldn't have to connect your camera and might transfer pics to the computer faster too. Just a thought.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

so where are these pics man.........

Comment

who needs pics...its really easy did mine today! good write up Maple! my nut was a 17mm....
            Last edited by ehulst; 12-27-2005, 08:43 PM.
            93 Accord- SOLD
            94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

O MY BAD i forgot i didnt add them yet. I will at 5pm tonight.k enjoy!

Comment

damn right you'll post pictures
                Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

what u forgot to add or if u did not do it is count the rotation that it came off or messure to have as close as possible to alignment so when u go to put the new one back on they will be very close so u will not need an alignment but u shuld always get an alignment when u do one, u are right

but nice diy man helpfull to all

(\__/)
                  (O.o )
                  (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Pictures are up. CHeers and enjoy anyquestions let m eknow

Comment

Working...
                    X