NBA Playoffs! Lakes vs. Nuggets - - Magic vs. Cavaliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my take (prolly a bit bias due to I am from Cleveland):

Lakers over Nuggets in 7 games. Lakers didn't impress me much vs Houston (Houston didn't have Yao or McGrady). Each game is gonna be high scoring game in this series.

Cavs over Orlando in 6 games. With Dwight Howard fussing with Van Gundy, and Van Gundy isn't good under pressure (which the Cavs will have a lot of) they will fall apart in the 4th quarter. Plus the Cavs are on fire right now.

Finals: Cavs over Lakers in 6 games.
    R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

I got the lakers over the Nuggets in 6. The more clutch the game, the better Kobe seems to get.

You guys in my opinion are getting generous on the Cavs/Magic series. Cavs are rollin everyone, and Magic were struggling to beat an injured Celtics team. Outside of the last game where Turkoglu was snappin, you shut down Howard and the team doesn't look like the same squad. West, Williams, LeBron are all playing at a bonkers level so I don't see them slowing down for orlando. I say the Cavs take it in 5.

**(I'm not a Cavs fan, just wanna see the city of Cleveland win something since its been the better part of 45 years since a championship graced that city.)

Finals I got Cavaliers over Lakers in 7. Lakers are good, but LeBron and squad aren't slowing down at all for anyone. Lakers did sweep em in the regular season, but it seems way too much like LeBron's year and they're proving it every game. you don't sweep the first two rounds averaging double digit wins by luck.
      "Once a CB7 Tuner, Always a CB7 Tuner"
      Former h23 swapped accord owner...

2002 Acura 3.2CL
      20" Rims and Brembo Brake Kit - Ridin classy and slow

1994 MKIV TT Supra
      BPU+++ (under the knife, getting nastier)

Comment

lakers vs cavs. fosho, i hope lakers take it.
        AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
        JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Lakes.

Mags.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

The Lakers are suspect. They swept Houston 4-0 in the regular season and they go 7 games with a team who lost Yao, T-Mac and Mutombo.

The Lakers do get complacent sometimes which is really not how you want to be going through the playoffs. I don't like LeBron at all but Cleveland has stomped through the competition so far.

They did show in games 5 and 7 that if they keep up the intensity, they are an extremely hard team to beat. But Denver is hungry and Chauncey already won a championship over Phil and Kobe.

But anyways... Clippers in 2010!

Comment

To me the lakers have struggled through the playoffs and they really havent beat anyone good yet. I think the nuggets will take this one in 6 games. As far as the magic vs. cavs, the magic dont stand a chance. Cavs take it in 5 games. Finals will be a 7 game series with the nuggets taking it all idk but i just feel like they are a great team to pull of the upset

^^^^CLICK IT^^^^^

Comment

You guys must have not noticed but the Western Conference has much more tougher teams than the Eastern Conference teams. Pistons were never going to give the Cavs a challenge, neither were the Hawks.

Lets take a look at the Eastern Conference.

Cleveland 66wins 16losses
                Boston 62wins 20losses
                Orlando 59wins 23losses
                Atlanta 47wins 35losses
                Miami 43wins 39losses
                Chicago 41wins 41losses
                Philadelphia 41wins 41losses
                Detroit 39wins 43losses

Notice that 2 .500 teams even made it to the playoffs..and even a team under .500 made it. Theres no competition for the top 3 teams in the Eastern Conference.

Now, lets take a look at the Western Conference

L.A. Lakers 65wins 17losses
                Denver 54wins 28losses
                Portland 54wins 28losses
                San Antonio 54wins 28losses
                Houston 53wins 29losses
                Dallas 50wins 32losses
                New Orleans 49wins 33losses
                Utah 48wins 34losses

NO TEAMS UNDER .500. See how close the competition is to be placed in the top 8 for playoff seeding? It was a battle for 2nd place to 4th place and another battle for 5th place to 8th place. One simple slip up or injury can really do a damage to your ranking in the Western Conference.

Western Conference has always been by majority the tougher conference. Imagine what the Lakers would do if they were in the Eastern Conference.

Majority of NBA fans are going to want the Lakers vs. Cavaliers. Everybody wants to see the 2 superstars clash for the most prized possession in the NBA.

I'm biased though. I was born a Los Angeles Lakers fan. Always will be routing for them even if they are the biggest underdogs ever.
                Last edited by Shinobi; 05-18-2009, 11:19 PM.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

yea, but then how do you justify the atlanta hawks taking the celtics to 7 games last year, and how this year the celtics without KG took orlando to 7 games even though both years had 60+ win seasons. And the Cavs just completely swept the Hawks this year. I thought they would at least win 1 game...
                  Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
                  Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Originally posted by kmart64 View Post
                    yea, but then how do you justify the atlanta hawks taking the celtics to 7 games last year, and how this year the celtics without KG took orlando to 7 games even though both years had 60+ win seasons. And the Cavs just completely swept the Hawks this year. I thought they would at least win 1 game...
                    for a .500 team, the Bulls put on probably the best first round series against the celtics in the past decade and fought tooth and nail. They sure didn't look like a total .500 team. Hell they looked like they put up more of a fight than Atlanta did to Cleveland, and the Hawks weren't a total slouch team. This will be the best test for Cleveland obviously, but I can't see Orlando playing on the same level as Cleveland.

and yes the West has more overall talented teams, but the East pulled it off last year against L.A. and this year it could happen again. Wait to see how Cleveland plays after their first game in Orlando and you'll have a better feeling of how the Finals will really spell out.
                    Last edited by brawl; 05-19-2009, 12:52 AM.

2002 Acura 3.2CL

1994 MKIV TT Supra

Comment

Originally posted by XLR Azn View Post
                      The Lakers are suspect. They swept Houston 4-0 in the regular season and they go 7 games with a team who lost Yao, T-Mac and Mutombo.

The Lakers do get complacent sometimes which is really not how you want to be going through the playoffs. I don't like LeBron at all but Cleveland has stomped through the competition so far.

They did show in games 5 and 7 that if they keep up the intensity, they are an extremely hard team to beat. But Denver is hungry and Chauncey already won a championship over Phil and Kobe.

But anyways... Clippers in 2010!

hahaha finally, someone who likes the Clippers!
                      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by Shinobi View Post
                        You guys must have not noticed but the Western Conference has much more tougher teams than the Eastern Conference teams. Pistons were never going to give the Cavs a challenge, neither were the Hawks.

Lets take a look at the Eastern Conference.

Cleveland 66wins 16losses
                        Boston 62wins 20losses
                        Orlando 59wins 23losses
                        Atlanta 47wins 35losses
                        Miami 43wins 39losses
                        Chicago 41wins 41losses
                        Philadelphia 41wins 41losses
                        Detroit 39wins 43losses

Notice that 2 .500 teams even made it to the playoffs..and even a team under .500 made it. Theres no competition for the top 3 teams in the Eastern Conference.

Now, lets take a look at the Western Conference

L.A. Lakers 65wins 17losses
                        Denver 54wins 28losses
                        Portland 54wins 28losses
                        San Antonio 54wins 28losses
                        Houston 53wins 29losses
                        Dallas 50wins 32losses
                        New Orleans 49wins 33losses
                        Utah 48wins 34losses

NO TEAMS UNDER .500. See how close the competition is to be placed in the top 8 for playoff seeding? It was a battle for 2nd place to 4th place and another battle for 5th place to 8th place. One simple slip up or injury can really do a damage to your ranking in the Western Conference.

Western Conference has always been by majority the tougher conference. Imagine what the Lakers would do if they were in the Eastern Conference.

Majority of NBA fans are going to want the Lakers vs. Cavaliers. Everybody wants to see the 2 superstars clash for the most prized possession in the NBA.

I'm biased though. I was born a Los Angeles Lakers fan. Always will be routing for them even if they are the biggest underdogs ever.
                        not to mention the Rockers and Lakers both beat Cleveland.

If the Cavs do make it, that will be a fun showdown.

Cleveland isn't as skilled physically, but they have shown considerable ability in their overall gameplay.

It seems that you're always hearing about LeBrons 40+ points, but he makes all the opportunities to pass when his team is connecting.

Comment

I know I wasn't the only one that saw that shot out there that LeBron dropped. One word. WOW.

2002 Acura 3.2CL

1994 MKIV TT Supra

Comment

lakers all the way.
                            hoping cavs make it to the finals.

Comment

Oral-indo Mmmm-gics.

I couldnt care less about the lakers or the nugs, but if i had to pick one, i guess the lakers.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

very nice shot!

Comment

Working...
                                X