Just got my Motorcycle Permit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my Motorcycle Permit!

I went to get my Motorcycle permit today. Passed the written and vision test and all...

I have never ridden a motorcycle, dirt bike, or anything like that..

Just a jet ski years ago..

Whats some information that I should know?

I might try to take a course to pass my road test, since I have no idea where to start..

i just got my motor cycle license recently too!

i've ridden my old mans bike once, around the block and i guess thats the best for you to learn, is to just do it.

Comment

1. Get some riding experience under your belt from friends or whomever has a bike. The smaller CC the bike the easier and cheaper to fix if you break it.
      2. Make sure you realize anyone can hit you anytime.
      3. Always keep a third eye out.
      4. Just have fun.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

My advice... don't fall off!

I'm dying for a bike, but with no health insurance, and being self employed (no money if I can't work!) it's not a smart move for me!

To pass the road test, practice on a scooter. I think most places actually have a scooter there for you to use to take the test (if not, borrow one to do it). Scooters are easy compared to full bikes.

As for a bike, start small. I would say no bigger than a 400 (Honda Shadow or something... I'm not into sport bikes, so I dunno what a small one would be there... they might be quick enough in a 250!)

Comment

my advice... take the Motorcycle safety course (MSF)... it is well worth the fundamentals you will learn...especially if you have never ridden.. the class is fun and sometimes you get a hot milf in class with you... they usually provide bikes like a little 250 cruiser..and they are fun as fuck (for the first time rider)

i have known people who have never taken it and can ride and still do stupid things.. you should take the course.

once you go motorcycle you wont go back..i know .the only reason i have a vehicle with 4 wheels because some jack ass decided to crash mine for me.
          The mod bug quit with me because....wow am i typing to much...

just take the MSF course!!!

Comment

im going for mine this summer...fawk that bro lets both cop hayabusa's and learn haha

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
            I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic View Post
              my advice... take the Motorcycle safety course (MSF)... it is well worth the fundamentals you will learn...especially if you have never ridden.. the class is fun and sometimes you get a hot milf in class with you... they usually provide bikes like a little 250 cruiser..and they are fun as fuck (for the first time rider)

i have known people who have never taken it and can ride and still do stupid things.. you should take the course.

once you go motorcycle you wont go back..i know .the only reason i have a vehicle with 4 wheels because some jack ass decided to crash mine for me.

I agree. Bikes are EXTREMELY dangerous... you can't do anything about other people being stupid (other than being aware of your surroundings at all times), but you can take the most steps to avoid being stupid yourself!

What would be a minor fender bender in a car could be a serious injury, or death, on a bike.

Comment

Just get as much saddle time as you can. I'm not too sure how it is in Jersey, but in Cali, if you have your permit then take the MSF course it's almost an automatic M1 endorsement (the DMV could still make you take a ride test).

As a beginner, even though you might start on a smaller bike, get all your gear (gloves, jacket, riding boots and a helmet) because you can wipe off sweat but not road rash. And for the love of god do not put those stupid mohawk things on your helmet!

Comment

I started off on a 1100cc sport bike.. The biggest thing that makes in harder to learn on is the weight... Its over 600lbs when a Ninja 250 is about 300lbs.. Once you get over 15mph I feel more comfortable on it then the 400lb 600cc sport bikes that have ridden.. Although when im trying to back it out of a sloped space I wish it was lighter... Its all about self control.. If you don't have it you can die just as easy on a 250 then as if you were on a liter+ bike.. (you will just go out a little slower)

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                    1. Get some riding experience under your belt from friends or whomever has a bike. The smaller CC the bike the easier and cheaper to fix if you break it.
                    4. Just have fun.
                    number 2 doesnt apply to anyone here

no
                    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                    $30 HID kits here Thread
                    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by XLR Azn View Post
                      Just get as much saddle time as you can. I'm not too sure how it is in Jersey, but in Cali, if you have your permit then take the MSF course it's almost an automatic M1 endorsement (the DMV could still make you take a ride test).

As a beginner, even though you might start on a smaller bike, get all your gear (gloves, jacket, riding boots and a helmet) because you can wipe off sweat but not road rash. And for the love of god do not put those stupid mohawk things on your helmet!
                      its funny you should say that ive been seeing those alot lately. or those van-pelt helmets it doesnt do anything for the whole head so if you fall off and land on your chin or the side of your face good luck.

Comment

im going to watch this thread cuz i am actually going to learn how to ride real soon i went and looked at starter bikes today actually and i have a friend who is going to show me so its all good
                        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

i got an SV650 as my first bike its a good bike to start with...i did a lot of research and i think a few people on this site helped me with the decision

its not slow or weak..like a 250 its not slow like 2 cylinder ninja 650 not to be confused with the ninja 600 4 cylinder

its a middleweight

if you get the naked or standard version you wont have to worry about replacing the expensive ferrings if you drop it

0-100 you can keep up with any other bike anything above 100 you will get beat by an audi s4 like me.. that was at 120 + .. v-twin engines dont have top end..unless you got a ducati -- L configuration.. but that is beyond beginner bike

it cheap yet reliable! kinda like a honda car

sv650 shows up on the list a lot on top beginner bikes

i would NOT recommend a 250 its about as fast as a scooter you will quickly outgrow it.. i wouldnt let the cheap price of it lure you in its sloooow....any car can beat it... you want to have some speed to get away from cars sometimes...accelerate from danger.

250's are good for the MSF course but i would never recommend them on the real street.. unless you are a really weak girl

good forum support as any other bike would
                          www.svrider.com
                          www.sv650.org

Comment

see ya on the road!

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                              4. Just have fun.

Im not a careless person so my intentions is just to learn how to ride and basically ride for pleasure/work.

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                              My advice... don't fall off!

I'm dying for a bike, but with no health insurance, and being self employed (no money if I can't work!) it's not a smart move for me!

To pass the road test, practice on a scooter. I think most places actually have a scooter there for you to use to take the test (if not, borrow one to do it). Scooters are easy compared to full bikes.

As for a bike, start small. I would say no bigger than a 400 (Honda Shadow or something... I'm not into sport bikes, so I dunno what a small one would be there... they might be quick enough in a 250!)
                              They do have the course by a county college next to me for $250. I am considering it now.

I do plan on taking the course, alot of friends that had bikes say to go with it too.

Originally posted by Clean-CB7 View Post
                              im going for mine this summer...fawk that bro lets both cop hayabusa's and learn haha

Ha Im no baller like you! Hayabusa is crazy for a first time bike rider lol

Originally posted by XLR Azn View Post

I am actually going to get my gear first then save up for a bike. I wont get one any time soon since I want to clear my debt and fix my cbs lol

Originally posted by slick View Post
                              im going to watch this thread cuz i am actually going to learn how to ride real soon i went and looked at starter bikes today actually and i have a friend who is going to show me so its all good

Its going to be a good information thread!

i got an SV650 as my first bike its a good bike to start with...i did a lot of research and i think a few people on this site helped me with the decision

its not slow or weak..like a 250 its not slow like 2 cylinder ninja 650 not to be confused with the ninja 600 4 cylinder

its a middleweight

if you get the naked or standard version you wont have to worry about replacing the expensive ferrings if you drop it

0-100 you can keep up with any other bike anything above 100 you will get beat by an audi s4 like me.. that was at 120 + .. v-twin engines dont have top end..unless you got a ducati -- L configuration.. but that is beyond beginner bike

it cheap yet reliable! kinda like a honda car

sv650 shows up on the list a lot on top beginner bikes

i would NOT recommend a 250 its about as fast as a scooter you will quickly outgrow it.. i wouldnt let the cheap price of it lure you in its sloooow....any car can beat it... you want to have some speed to get away from cars sometimes...accelerate from danger.

250's are good for the MSF course but i would never recommend them on the real street.. unless you are a really weak girl

good forum support as any other bike would
                              www.svrider.com
                              www.sv650.org

I want to think about getting a cbR. Make a real cb_tuner lol

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby View Post
                              see ya on the road!

Not anytime soon yet! But thanks man.

Comment

Working...
                              X