Lossing pressure in clutch pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lossing pressure in clutch pedal

I'm not sure if it's the clutch itself or something dealing with it but when I push the clutch pedal in it engages much later than usual, there's way more free play in the pedal than it was last week. What causes this to happen, how can I fix this?

about to get my hands dirty!

Check your clutch master cylinder reservoir to make sure it has enough fluid. Its gonna be near the firewall in the engine bay with a twist off cap. If it is low, fill it with DOT 3 brake fluid and try to find where the leak is. Look inside the car under the dash where the clutch pedal is and see if there is fluid.

Comment

Got it! Thanks bro!

about to get my hands dirty!

Comment

Originally posted by D1sclaimer View Post
        Check your clutch master cylinder reservoir to make sure it has enough fluid. Its gonna be near the firewall in the engine bay with a twist off cap. If it is low, fill it with DOT 3 brake fluid and try to find where the leak is. Look inside the car under the dash where the clutch pedal is and see if there is fluid.
        Don't forget your slave cylinder also -- right by your exhaust manifold, sitting on your transmission (lower and towards the front of the car). Follow that hard line up, it'll connect to a rubber hose (under your airbox/intake pipe), then back and to your master cylinder. Any wet spots along the way will be worth looking at. You would probably see oil spots under your car if it were leaking, but it's worth checking.

Member's Ride Thread | DMV Summer Meet 2011
        Q: Why is your pants around your ankles? Answer

Comment

well if the gear engages while you're holding the clutch. like it disengages at first but while waiting for a red light it'll start engaging... your clutch master cylinder is going bad. well i guess it could also be the slave cylinder too. but mine was the master. and there were no leaks on mine.

Comment

damn im goin throught the same issue almost.. ive checked countless times for leaks and i see none. but, my reservoir is sometimes gettin low.. i replaced both sc and mc also had a shop put a new clutch in, and sometimes my clutch get stuck, so i bled the system and it happens every so often?

So I was thinking what would Jesus drive?

Comment

^Little bit of air trapped in the clutch damper maybe? Bleed it out again and see if it helps.

Comment

ya had that problem too. i changed out both my mc and sc. and later i got one of those vacuum bleeders forgot what it was called. hooked it up cracked the bleeder open and sucked the hell out of it. filled the reservoir twice to be sure. and hadn't had a problem since.

Comment

Originally posted by burntmushu View Post
                  ya had that problem too. i changed out both my mc and sc. and later i got one of those vacuum bleeders forgot what it was called. hooked it up cracked the bleeder open and sucked the hell out of it. filled the reservoir twice to be sure. and hadn't had a problem since.
                  MityVac Hand pump?

Member's Ride Thread | DMV Summer Meet 2011
                  Q: Why is your pants around your ankles? Answer

Comment

ya. that was the one.

Comment

Also be sure to check the clutch dampner. It's located on the wheel well close to the transmission. They go bad and can be easily overlooked.

Comment

Working...
                      X