Oversized Altenators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oversized Altenators

I was wondering if there is bigger altenator that we can use on the CB. I know the H22 alt. pushes a little bit more than the F22's does. I was wanting to know if there are ones that push even more power than the others? The reason I am asking is for my CB radio so I run a bigger system later on down the road. Thanks in advance.

Happy
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

How much more do you need? Theres an few out there theres an 165amp on ebay theres also ones you have to fab like mine i dont know how much more you need in amps more info on what your after please....
    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

OEM? I think only the preludes are bolt on, but it's not worth it for a 10 amp upgrade. The odyssey is 130 amps but you may have to extend the bracket or something like that.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
        How much more do you need? Theres an few out there theres an 165amp on ebay theres also ones you have to fab like mine i dont know how much more you need in amps more info on what your after please....
        I would if I could right now, I need to find out the stock power and then go up from there due to me wanting to have a stronger CB radio setup. I am overseas and that is why I am asking if they even made them and how big could I get them. I am rather limited with my resources as I am not around CB for a while.
        The CB7 Collector.
        92 LX Coupe F22A1
        2013 Toyota Corolla S
        92 EX Sedan F22A1
        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Ahh ok well stock there 80 amps you can use an prelude its 90 amps and bolts right in however you shouldnt have an prob with an cb on an stock alt of your planning an system over 1000 watts with an cb you might need an bigger alt but you should be ok....

Comment

Correct. I am looking to push more power with my CB and later some heavy duty subs as well (when that time comes), I just wanna be ready for it later on.
            The CB7 Collector.
            92 LX Coupe F22A1
            2013 Toyota Corolla S
            92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
              Correct. I am looking to push more power with my CB and later some heavy duty subs as well (when that time comes), I just wanna be ready for it later on.
              Ok well in that case an 165 amp or even an 220 amp alt will work im running 4000rms atm on 220 amps its louder then youll ever wanna be your cb would hate you id say an good 165 amp alt off ebay will be more then youll ever need

Comment

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
                Ok well in that case an 165 amp or even an 220 amp alt will work im running 4000rms atm on 220 amps its louder then youll ever wanna be your cb would hate you id say an good 165 amp alt off ebay will be more then youll ever need
                Sweet deal thank for the info!!!!
                The CB7 Collector.
                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

I'd stay away from the ebay alternators... they have some problems with heat dissipation, and many of them don't actually put out their rated power. Especially at idle, some of the ebay alts put out less power than stock.

And where did you find a 220 amp alt? I can't think of anyone who sells them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
                    I'd stay away from the ebay alternators... they have some problems with heat dissipation, and many of them don't actually put out their rated power. Especially at idle, some of the ebay alts put out less power than stock.

And where did you find a 220 amp alt? I can't think of anyone who sells them.
                    I would like to know this too!!!
                    The CB7 Collector.
                    92 LX Coupe F22A1
                    2013 Toyota Corolla S
                    92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

check out Alterstart.com. They have quite a few to choose from.

Comment

Mechman.......dc power....

Comment

stay away from ebay alts. only buy oem or factory replacement. legend alts work.
                          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                            stay away from ebay alts. only buy oem or factory replacement. legend alts work.
                            ^^^^this is why i dont tell people how to put an 220 amp alt in there car....lol anyhow i know your resourceful and are out at sea so you have time to do some resurch online about what im gunna tell you...ok from what ive hurd mechman makes an bolt in alt thats rated high now i dont know for shure....ive never used there alts.....ive also hurd dc audio makes the best alts and they two might have an bolt in alt thats high however....me i did something diff i put an powerbasterds alt in my car...ive had lots of people say this cannot he done you cant run an high out put alt in your car....ive had others say if you do you will chew up belts....bla bla bla....anyhow it can be done and heres proof this is pics of my 220 amp alt....

I used an old 280z alt bracked cut off my bottom bracket on my stock bracket lined up with the alt wholes and welded it together....then i went to lowes and got an shim to make the top whole smaller and an piece of pipe to keep it in place.... Then i bolted it in and used it....now i will say i didnt have an ac pump so i dont know if it will work with one in havent tryed....however ive had mine for 3 months now and im still on the same belt.....

Anyways hope mabe that helps....

Comment

^^^^this is why i dont tell people how to put an 220 amp alt in there car....lol anyhow i know your resourceful and are out at sea so you have time to do some resurch online about what im gunna tell you...ok from what ive hurd mechman makes an bolt in alt thats rated high now i dont know for shure....ive never used there alts.....ive also hurd dc audio makes the best alts and they two might have an bolt in alt thats high however....me i did something diff i put an powerbasterds alt in my car...ive had lots of people say this cannot he done you cant run an high out put alt in your car....ive had others say if you do you will chew up belts....bla bla bla....anyhow it can be done and heres proof this is pics of my 220 amp alt....
                              That isn't really proof. Unless of course you have a dyno of the alternator proving it can put out 220 amps, and also that the alt has put out that power while you're using it. If your system only ever draws 90 amps from the alt it won't wear out belts. If, however, you actually draw 150+ amps from the thing for a few seconds straight, you should hear your belt screeching.

Comment

Working...
                              X