Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Will a cd5 front bumper fit a cb9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a cd5 front bumper fit a cb9?

Pretty much what the title says. I have a 1991 ex wagon and I would like to know how much modifying if any will be required to fit a cd5 bumper on. I've always loved the bumper. I've read that da9 (90-93 integra) bumpers fit with a decent amount of modifying. I was wondering if the same work entails. Thanks for any info!

Man the 91 ex wag bumper is the nicest bumper outta all of the cb bumpers. I'm still lookin for 1. Cd5 bumper had beeen done b4. Ill see if I can find a pic.

Go to google.com type in

Cb7tuner.com cd5 bumper see what pops up.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
      Man the 91 ex wag bumper is the nicest bumper outta all of the cb bumpers. I'm still lookin for 1. Cd5 bumper had beeen done b4. Ill see if I can find a pic.

Go to google.com type in

I do love the stock bumper but it doesn't have any bumper lights and they're such a pain to find. Or they're very expensive because its a certain type of light that never fit other 90-91 bumpers, only the wagon (so I've heard). But anyway. I did both google and the forums and the only thing I found was a 100+ Posts of just the cd5 lips on our bumpers, the how to's and what not.

Comment

Anything will fit with a fair amount of modification, but nothing but a CB bumper is going to fit properly otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Anything will fit with a fair amount of modification, but nothing but a CB bumper is going to fit properly otherwise.
          Very true, I was more concerned with the overall shape of the bumper, the "roundness" of the bumper I guess is how to say it. Obviously those two pieces that go behind the headlights and attach to the fender on the cd5 will have to get removed. I'll probably just go snag one from the junk yard and see how it fits!

Comment

Originally posted by GTRxPatrick View Post
            I do love the stock bumper but it doesn't have any bumper lights and they're such a pain to find. Or they're very expensive because its a certain type of light that never fit other 90-91 bumpers, only the wagon (so I've heard). But anyway. I did both google and the forums and the only thing I found was a 100+ Posts of just the cd5 lips on our bumpers, the how to's and what not.
            what are you talking about?? the rear bumper? just get CD5 or prelude rear bumper lights and put them in your cb9 rear bumper.

or do you mean YOUR front bumper is missing the lower turn signal lights?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
              what are you talking about?? the rear bumper? just get CD5 or prelude rear bumper lights and put them in your cb9 rear bumper.

or do you mean YOUR front bumper is missing the lower turn signal lights?
              Sorry I wasn't specific. The front bumper I have in my wagon now is the 91 ex wagon bumper. And yes it is missing the lower turn signal lights. And I've heard that they are slightly different than the other 91 bumpers and they are very rare to come by and usually are rather expensive. So I would like to put on a cd5 front bumper In place of the stock one on there now.

Comment

CD 5 front bamper have cuted for corner lights (headlights+corner lights) edges by sides, that is reasone it not fit
                Or in case if it fit, it will be looks bad

Comment

Yeah, "fitting" and looking good are two very different things!

Comment

Ill probably just go to a junkyard and pick one up and just take a shot at it! Ill do a write up as well with it, and if it comes out better than im expecting it too then ill post it!

Comment

It's not going to look good. You're trying to put a curved bumper where a straight edged bumper would go. That's almost as bad as people putting CD5 grilles on CB7s. It just doesn't make sense, or look right. If you did a CD5 front end conversion that would be great. Google CB7 CD5 front end. Its a CB9 with a CD5 front end. It looks good too. You just need headlights, hood, grille, and bumper. There's some modification needed to correct a headlight gap though.

Comment

This got me thinking , i think it would look really cool to see a cd5 with a cb7 front end
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Additionally, it makes me feel good to call someone a cunt if they don't say "thank you".

So no matter what, I win. Selfish reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post

Go to google.com type in

i just pulled some fogs off a 91ex wagon...from this car.
                          http://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/1HGCB9869MA000827
                          wagon is still in the lot as of last week.
                          RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Originally posted by GTRxPatrick View Post
                            its a certain type of light that never fit other 90-91 bumpers, only the wagon (so I've heard)
                            Patrick, the front bumper "lower turn signal lights" are all the same on all CB7/CB9
                            I believe you might be thinking about the difference in size, in terms of 90/91 vs 92/93.
                            But I don't believe the wagons had "wagon specific" turn signals.
                            The bumper itself (wagons) is a smidgen thicker also.

I'm gonna see if I can find a part# for dx,lx,ex, 90/91 .. ..
                            but according to eBay on several listings just now, the 2, 4 and 5 door are the same "size".
                            There's this also
                            http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ACCORD...30ead8&vxp=mtr

edit: shitty screen shot, but ..

Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 10-22-2013, 06:28 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                            X