Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock height good strut/spring assembly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
    Could I use the Bilstein HD(B6) and these?
    Thanks.
    that should be a good combo for your set up. before the Koni sports went on sale that was what i was looking at getting.
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

That should work fine.
      I'm not 100% certain how well the Bilsteins will work with a low drop of insanely stiff spring rate, but with something mild like that, it should be a very effective combination.

I really need to contact Bilstein and get the answer once and for all regarding what their shocks can handle. Bilstein shocks are quite possibly the best on the market for us. The only reasons they aren't widely used are 1) they aren't cheap, and 2) nobody has been able to confirm that they are compatible with performance springs without being revalved.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
        I have had tokico blues, with the matching springs for about ten years. More than that now that I think about it, they are almost 15. It sits near stock maybe 1 inch lower and rides without a doubt better than stock. Bumps are absorbed without any harshness and It can handle plenty well enough for my racing streaks. As far as those features go they likely cant be beat, the only drawback is its close to a motor boat effect stance wise. I have been close to cutting the front springs cause its kinda annoying see sig
        If the front wheel gap is killing you or the ass of your wagon is saggin then the koni sports with the adjustable perch is the way to go. My wagon now has a minor forward rake when unloaded. The fronts have the lower drop and the rears have a lower and higher perch option.
        CB7TUNER.com

Comment

The way our cars are designed, the rear always seems to look lower. I hate it. When the side skirts are parallel to the ground, the rear end looks as if it's sitting lower when you look at the wheel. Most lowering springs for our cars drop it less in the rear, too!

Comment

Beside the new springs and the new struts, what else in parts do I need to assemble a complete setup?
            Thanks.

Comment

That's all you need. Everything else can be reused. You can replace bushings, tophats, bolts... most of it probably doesn't NEED to be replaced, but at this point, replacing anything 25 years old will help.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                That's all you need. Everything else can be reused. You can replace bushings, tophats, bolts... most of it probably doesn't NEED to be replaced, but at this point, replacing anything 25 years old will help.
                yep springs and shocks is the basic's, but if you take the time to replace the worn bushings with fresh polyurethane bushings the car will reward you.
                CB7TUNER.com

Comment

When you guys say the bushings you mean on the control arms etc...?

I have never done this before but I don't think it would be hard. I got a good impact 1/2" wrench. What about the rubber piece below the hat?
                  Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                    When you guys say the bushings you mean on the control arms etc...?

I have never done this before but I don't think it would be hard. I got a good impact 1/2" wrench. What about the rubber piece below the hat?
                    Thanks.
                    if you purchase eityher the energy suspension master kit or the prothane master kit they will have every bushing for the front of your car including the the spring isolater (rubber piece under the top hat.)
                    CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Beside the bushings, which I will replace over time since this is my daily driver and I can't have it down for longer than two days.
                      So with respect to the springs and struts assembly, are there any rubber parts that I need to replace? I want to buy everything and ready for replacement and assembly instead of taking them apart and find out I need to replace which would keep the car down for a week.
                      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        That should work fine.
                        I'm not 100% certain how well the Bilsteins will work with a low drop of insanely stiff spring rate, but with something mild like that, it should be a very effective combination.

I really need to contact Bilstein and get the answer once and for all regarding what their shocks can handle. Bilstein shocks are quite possibly the best on the market for us. The only reasons they aren't widely used are 1) they aren't cheap, and 2) nobody has been able to confirm that they are compatible with performance springs without being revalved.

My car works great with the Bilstein HD/B6's and Skunk2 Sport springs; so well that I scored the most points in my SCCA class last season, STC, and was only about 2 seconds off the pace of a nationally competitive STC Civic on a 60 second course, with my car having WAY less 'prep'. I flipped the front perch so the front is level with the rear(I thought the front was WAY too low before, maybe gained an inch of ride height from where the Skunk2's sit normally). Skunk2 Sport springs have ALMOST the exact same spring rate and ride height, as well as progressive front and rear design, as the H&R Race and Neuspeed Race springs- this leads me to believe they're all the same spring between the different brands. The Bilstein HD's we get in the states are the same as for the Wagon's in Europe, and are valved about the same as a Koni Sport/Yellow at near-full stiff. I daily drive my car, have put nearly 30K on it since installing them, they ride beautifully, and are an absolutely excellent shock; REALLY high quality, and the 50mm shock body is BEEF. I bought them new from Tirerack.com, and no, they were not cheap, but I'm a firm believer in them now.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

How low could these shocks handle?
                          Thanks.

Originally posted by Chrisnick View Post
                          My car works great with the Bilstein HD/B6's and Skunk2 Sport springs; so well that I scored the most points in my SCCA class last season, STC, and was only about 2 seconds off the pace of a nationally competitive STC Civic on a 60 second course, with my car having WAY less 'prep'. I flipped the front perch so the front is level with the rear(I thought the front was WAY too low before, maybe gained an inch of ride height from where the Skunk2's sit normally). Skunk2 Sport springs have ALMOST the exact same spring rate and ride height, as well as progressive front and rear design, as the H&R Race and Neuspeed Race springs- this leads me to believe they're all the same spring between the different brands. The Bilstein HD's we get in the states are the same as for the Wagon's in Europe, and are valved about the same as a Koni Sport/Yellow at near-full stiff. I daily drive my car, have put nearly 30K on it since installing them, they ride beautifully, and are an absolutely excellent shock; REALLY high quality, and the 50mm shock body is BEEF. I bought them new from Tirerack.com, and no, they were not cheap, but I'm a firm believer in them now.

Comment

While I trust your word over the word of many, Chrisnick, I still can't accept "I did it and it was good" as proof of compatibility, though. I mean, I once outhandled a Boxster in my Fit with a blown shock! (not saying it handled well, or that the Boxster driver could actually drive his car... but I did it.)

One of these days I'm going to have to call Bilstein and ask them for EXACTLY what their shocks are designed to handle.

Comment

How low could I go with 14" steelies?
                              Thanks.

Comment

As low as you want to go

It depends on the suspension setup
                                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X