Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

very! Weird electrical problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very! Weird electrical problem

my 90 ex 4dr has some electrical problems, but the worst is that when i turn on my lights they stay on even when i turn them off, the tailights corner lights and dash lights, the headlights turn off, and the only way i can get them to shut off is by hitting the hazard light switch? somehow it makes them go off, and i only have this problem when my icu is plugged in, when its unplugged everything is fine... but then i cant roll down my windows rear defrost etc... it all started when i had an alarm installed a viper, everything worked before, and they left the icu unpluged on purpose and they bs'd about how my windows didnt work. i shoulda installed it myself. it also has other unrelated problems like the door courtesy lights dont work, and auto seatbelts dont work, but its still a sweet ride and i love it!:
    Last edited by crunkopotamus; 09-16-2011, 06:35 AM.

I would be b**ching out whoever did your alarm it sounds like you have a direct short between two wires which could end up being a fire hazzard. Check the harnesses and looms for anything weird like three wires together or loose wires. Or just take it back to the installer and yell that usually does the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by crunkopotamus View Post
      my 90 ex 4dr has some electrical problems, but the worst is that when i turn on my lights they stay on even when i turn them off, the tailights corner lights and dash lights, the headlights turn off, and the only way i can get them to shut off is by hitting the hazard light switch? somehow it makes them go off, and i only have this problem when my icu is plugged in, when its unplugged everything is fine... but then i cant roll down my windows rear defrost etc... it all started when i had an alarm installed a viper, everything worked before, and they left the icu unpluged on purpose and they bs'd about how my windows didnt work. i shoulda installed it myself. it also has other unrelated problems like the door courtesy lights dont work, and auto seatbelts dont work, but its still a sweet ride and i love it!:
      If you know how to install it, uninstall it and redo it yourself.

Originally posted by esseyeguy View Post
      I would be b**ching out whoever did your alarm it sounds like you have a direct short between two wires which could end up being a fire hazzard. Check the harnesses and looms for anything weird like three wires together or loose wires. Or just take it back to the installer and yell that usually does the trick.
      I never woyld have let anything like thar go out when I was installing. However, if you came in yelling you would have been in for a rude awakening. You'll get a shit response if that's how you appeoach an issue like that.

Comment

Originally posted by coupes View Post
        If you know how to install it, uninstall it and redo it yourself.

I never woyld have let anything like thar go out when I was installing. However, if you came in yelling you would have been in for a rude awakening. You'll get a shit response if that's how you appeoach an issue like that.
        But if they bs'd me they aren't gunna be let off the hook he pages good money for it they need to do it right and not beat around the bush. I wouldn't scream but I would b**ch.

Edit; anyways, dude needs a solution and this is way off topic.

Comment

yeah it was like 100 bucks, i did actually take it back and they just denied not doing it right, my mistake was not showing them everything worked before hand, but ya live and learn, but dont you guys think its a little weird that its only when the icu box is plugged in??? the little black box above the fuse box, but yes im sure i can figur out how to install the alarm, im pretty good with car audio so ill figure it out, plus all the wiring and color codes are on this site

Comment

Originally posted by esseyeguy View Post
            in retail when a customer come in yelling and cursing they just say sry we did our job n they will blame it on you some how.

i agree with the install it your self attitude,

if they left the icu unplugged during the install i believe that would be something to look at as its like they went around it instead of dealing with it.

why did they leave it unplugged tho?
            Accord SE

93se
            Members Ride
            Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
            Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
              in retail when a customer come in yelling and cursing they just say sry we did our job n they will blame it on you some how.
              Harrass them long enough - over the phone, face to face, in front of customers preferably - and you'd get your money back eventually.

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Comment

Working...
              X