Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Electric Trunk pop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Trunk pop

I have A electric trunk release for my alarm system, I was thinking insted of wireing it to to trunk itself could i use the pull tab there by the drivers seat or would that not work so well i was going to get some extra wire so i could mount the solinoid up into the dashboard area and run it down to the pull tab ? are there any cars anyone has pulled the whole solinoid and latch out of to make a system work if so what?

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

When i was hooking up my trunk pop, i was thinking about doing it by the pull tab. my solonoid fit perfectly inside the dead pedal but after rigging it up the solenoid itself did not have enough travel to completely pull the latch up. The trunk cable needs a good inch and a half to open the trunk. i ended up mounting it in the trunk with the solenoid cable looped directly onto the arm inside the latching component to the trunk. hope this helps
    Originally posted by Quashish
    Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
    Quashish dictionary
    Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
    To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

Beat me to this idea. I've been wanting to do electric actuators for the hood & trunk.

Comment

Had it on my old CB, just use an actuator like the one below and mount it on the trunk, to pull the rod.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

i don't know what brand alarm you have or the exact model of CB7 but here's what i did to my 93 coupe (Code Alarm) & a 92 sedan (Marksman Alarm)... I bought an Actuator Kit (as described by evil_demon_01)(Dan's Actuator came out of a 95 Mercury Sable Wagon, lol) & a 12VDC 30/40A Relay because chances are your alarm won't have enough "Juice" to power the Actuator, most alarms commonly have about a 300mA output. There is a spare harness behind the plastic cover of the driver side taillight to get power for the relay & so i also mounted the relay there. hope this helps!

My 93 Coupe

DanCan's 92 Sedan

Last edited by Co0chysCB7; 04-15-2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

good to know! how long did it take to put on? seems ez

Comment

yeah it's pretty simple! not sure exactly how long but it took longer to wire then it did to mount...

Comment

Does that mean using power from the trailer harness? I ran my multi meter through it all and nothing had power can you explain that

Thanks

Do it once, do it right.
                Missing My
                Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Test for 12v at power antenna, if not then you'll just have to run a power wire from the fuse panel (Do you have a amp/sub installed? could run power wire from that to) whatever's the easiest way
                  Last edited by Co0chysCB7; 04-18-2012, 03:41 AM.

Comment

cool i tested the power there and i go full time 11.86 or so but i have a harness for the antenna there aswell (i have no mast but motor installed) il try wireing it up to that for now

Do it once, do it right.
                    Missing My
                    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

one of the first things i did to my CB7 was remove the antenna cause it would leak (plugged hole with a 7/8" solid grommet, lol) so now i have that harness to use at my own will...

Comment

Originally posted by Co0chysCB7 View Post
                        i don't know what brand alarm you have or the exact model of CB7 but here's what i did to my 93 coupe (Code Alarm) & a 92 sedan (Marksman Alarm)... I bought an Actuator Kit (as described by evil_demon_01)(Dan's Actuator came out of a 95 Mercury Sable Wagon, lol) & a 12VDC 30/40A Relay because chances are your alarm won't have enough "Juice" to power the Actuator, most alarms commonly have about a 300mA output. There is a spare harness behind the plastic cover of the driver side taillight to get power for the relay & so i also mounted the relay there. hope this helps!

My 93 Coupe

On this setup, could you still use the factory pull tab to open the trunk as well? Some actuators are "locked" when they are not recieving power to operate.

Comment

Im friends with CoOchyCB7, and both his and I manual popper still works fine.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

FatManChunk - There are Actuator's that Lock?!? I''ve never heard/seen this before. That could be handy in some installs! But the one's DC & I used lets the latch move freely with the Key/Trunk Release & as you see, you can use the Actuator to pull or push the latch.

Comment

Originally posted by Co0chysCB7 View Post
                              FatManChunk - There are Actuator's that Lock?!? I''ve never heard/seen this before. That could be handy in some installs! But the one's DC & I used lets the latch move freely with the Key/Trunk Release & as you see, you can use the Actuator to pull or push the latch.
                              Yea the actuators in my shaved door kit for my s10 were a "locked" style. Locked meaning without power, the motors did not move at all. Kinda like a minature linear actuator. Wish i still had em.

Comment

Working...
                              X