Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Increasing the performance of oil pumps? Spring constants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increasing the performance of oil pumps? Spring constants

Have any of you ever done anything to the oil pumps to raise the pressure? I know there's a spring with a ball at the end of it that regulates the pressure.

Does anyone have the dimensions of this spring for an H22A oil pump? In particular what is the spring constant (N/m)

I'm doin a project and according (pun intended) to my calculations, an 18% increase in pressure would help drastically
    Some know me as the "Tranny Guy"

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2894205

Check out the thread above.

Comment

Shimming it is the way to go.

There is no spring upgrade that I was able to find, H22A, F22A/B, H23A, F20B springs, valve relief and plugs are all the same part numbers.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
        There is no spring upgrade that I was able to find, H22A, F22A/B, H23A, F20B springs, valve relief and plugs are all the same part numbers.
        I know. This is uncharted territory.

Comment

Actually it's not really uncharted. The washer/shim oil pump thread link that is posted above is the best way to go. That thread is 5 years old and it is based on a thread from 2009.

Just out of curiosity, why is it that you are looking to raise the oil pressure, turbo build?
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
            Actually it's not really uncharted. The washer/shim oil pump thread link that is posted above is the best way to go. That thread is 5 years old and it is based on a thread from 2009.

Just out of curiosity, why is it that you are looking to raise the oil pressure, turbo build?
            I was referring to the specific part about replacing the spring with a different spring of different mechanical characteristics. It'd be cool if someone had measured the spring constant on a spring dynamometer / fish scale, so that I could find something else on mcmaster.

Don't need to increase my oil pressure, just my post count because of the rules.

Comment

It's like they say not to post just to increase your count in the rules, or something?????

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157810

Enjoy the reset haha
              sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post
                It's like they say not to post just to increase your count in the rules, or something?????

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157810

Enjoy the reset haha
                I'll be sure to remember that the next time any CB7 members message me and ask me for assistance.

Comment

a proper b/s delete is supposed to bump it up a lot too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bense View Post
                    I'll be sure to remember that the next time any CB7 members message me and ask me for assistance.
                    Lol what a douche.

Notice how your counts now 1?

I'm not a mod so I didn't do that.

But yeah, good way to start dude

Comment

Insulting other members, especially in this section, is a good way to experience a similar fate, Lachlan. It doesn't matter how accurate your assessment may be.

Comment

Fair call, just got annoyed by all the spam. My apologies.

Comment

So is there a way to increase the oil pressure? See my oil pressure is well weak and its cause I dropped to a gear I shouldn't have and now the oil light comes on at low idle, and only for a sec after first start up and I've noticed I don't have vtec, well after a few seconds at the rpm hits 6ishk and it's set to go at 5, so I believe I have a oil pressure problem, the engine runs fine and what not, and maybe I messed the pump up when I did that but I'm looking for a solid temp fix. Haha. Please don't tell me my engine is trashed I know where it stands as it is, as I drive it not you. Also it's a f20bdohc.
                          Accord SE

93se
                          Members Ride
                          Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                          Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Bense isn't going to help. He threw a tantrum because he wasn't given special treatment and left.

If you have low oil pressure as a result of over-revving or whatever you did, then it's because of something that is damaged. The oil pump is the most likely culprit, I'd expect. A band-aid fix of any sort could possibly exacerbate the problem that already exists, and cause complete failure. Find and fix whatever you damaged, and you'll restore oil pressure.

Comment

Grab an oil pressure gauge and get some numbers. I'm surprised you are taking it up that high if it has an oil pressure issue.

You can do a balance shaft delete to up your oil pressure, but at that point you may as well replace your bearings which are probably damaged as well. Drain your oil and look for fairy dust/metal shavings.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                              X