Straight Success : 1998 Chevy S10 LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straight Success : 1998 Chevy S10 LS

Well, this is only the very tip of the iceberg.

Name: Keri
    Year: 1998
    Make: Chevrolet
    Model: S10
    Engine: 4.3 L V6
    Color: Light Pewter Metallic

Mods: Some whack stickers that will be removed very soon. ...REMOVED...

This is a temporary picture of her first day in the family.

You already know where this thing is going.
    Last edited by Straight Success; 02-24-2019, 05:07 PM.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Your 400HP goal should be easily attainable with a simple 6.0 or even easier with a 6.2 block NA or any 4.8/5.3 on spray. The trans on the other hand its whether you want to keep your 4 (assuming its a 4.3)speed and spend money getting it beefed up, go to 4l80 or a T56 as the T5 will not handle that power.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Pretty much anything from the LS family will get me there - LS1, LS2, LS3, LQ4, L33, LQ9, L83, L76, L96, L99, etc.

As far as transmissions, I have a few options. That's down the road with some careful planning and patience.
      Last edited by Straight Success; 03-06-2019, 12:57 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
        Pretty much anything from the LS family will get me there - LS1, LS2, LS3, LS4, LQ4, L33, LQ9, L83, L76, L96, L99, etc.

As far as transmissions, I have a few options. That's down the road with some careful planning and patience.
        I didnt mention the LS1 because its a compromise between the 5.3 and 6.0 yet costs just as much as LQ family with the downside being thin walls and upside being aluminum block(weight). Also if it came in a car expect to pay double than the same displacement variant used on rucks once again due to aluminum blocks vs iron. Im sure you know all this though

Comment

Yup.

I'm hoping I can do this all with my son. If he's not interested or wants to act like the typically rebelling teenage then....
          Last edited by Straight Success; 02-24-2019, 11:19 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
            Yup.

I'm hoping I can do this all with my son. If he's not interested or wants to act like the typically rebelling teenage then....
            Let him know why you are doing it, make it about spending time with him and learning something at the same time; get his opinion and ideas and that for sure will be more likely to get him interested rather than getting something dropped on him where his opinions don't matter. I hope you get to do this bro, it's better to have your son involved in projects with you than shenanigans with someone else and kudos for thinking this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
              Let him know why you are doing it, make it about spending time with him and learning something at the same time; get his opinion and ideas and that for sure will be more likely to get him interested rather than getting something dropped on him where his opinions don't matter. I hope you get to do this bro, it's better to have your son involved in projects with you than shenanigans with someone else and kudos for thinking this way.
              I like your outlook, but life ain't always as clean cut as we would like it to be. There are aspects to other people's lives that others just aren't in the know. I can't share it all, but I'll ask this in passing; how many people do you know who are totally free (rhetorical)?

I've already begun to make some progress. There were some crazy stickers on the back windows which did not flow well with the truck IMHO. I spent a good 20 minutes removing the stickers with some window cleaner and a razor scraper. Next, I started removing the ~40% window tint which was half way torn off. It looked as if Wolverine took his claws to it a few weeks back. I got the driver side window about 80% clear and free of the adhesive and film, and I still have 4 more windows to go.

Other than that, the truck is surprisingly clean.
              Last edited by Straight Success; 02-24-2019, 10:26 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I understand your privacy and I don't know ANYONE that is free because is the grand scheme of things we are always obligated to do things that we down want BUT I was merely stating that if you get someone invested they will go from being forced to willingly commit. An old acquaintance once told me that the best soldiers are not the ones being forced but the ones who feel compelled to do the deed.

Comment

Good looking truck! I had a pewter 99 Sonoma, 4/5 drop, fresh paint, roll pan etc and had plans to LS swap it and then on a whim traded it for my Tacoma X-runner. That was 12 years and 225k miles ago but I still miss the Sonoma. I look for it in for sale/want ads from time to time, I did a tasteful two tone paint job that looked amazing.
                  Good luck with your family project, my dad kept me out of trouble with dirt bikes, snowmobiles, fishing boats etc and that morphed into cars. I credit him with much of my success. I hope your son gets the same fulfillment out of it.
                  Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                  01-01-2019

Comment

Spend the time wisely homie. Looking forward to the build.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                      I understand your privacy and I don't know ANYONE that is free because is the grand scheme of things we are always obligated to do things that we down want BUT I was merely stating that if you get someone invested they will go from being forced to willingly commit. An old acquaintance once told me that the best soldiers are not the ones being forced but the ones who feel compelled to do the deed.
                      We'll get to the destination one way or another.

Originally posted by bjaccord View Post
                      Good looking truck! I had a pewter 99 Sonoma, 4/5 drop, fresh paint, roll pan etc and had plans to LS swap it and then on a whim traded it for my Tacoma X-runner. That was 12 years and 225k miles ago but I still miss the Sonoma. I look for it in for sale/want ads from time to time, I did a tasteful two tone paint job that looked amazing.
                      Good luck with your family project, my dad kept me out of trouble with dirt bikes, snowmobiles, fishing boats etc and that morphed into cars. I credit him with much of my success. I hope your son gets the same fulfillment out of it.
                      That's what I pushing for - the fulfillment aspect.

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                      Spend the time wisely homie. Looking forward to the build.
                      I plan to. Stay tuned.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

If you lead by example, people tend to follow. Especially your children. Be exceptional, he will want to do the same. Even if it has nothing to do with what you are exceptional at, he will desire the posture in life just the same. It might not translate to the same hobbies and interests but whatever he wants to do, the standard of excellence will follow if you establish that expectation for yourself and hold yourself to that. He will learn to do the same just by observing your success. Don’t over think it. It’s easier to inspire than control or provoke.

Be patient, be consistent and the rest will happen on its own

My .02

Also, nice truck.
                        Originally posted by wed3k
                        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                          If you lead by example, people tend to follow. Especially your children. Be exceptional, he will want to do the same. Even if it has nothing to do with what you are exceptional at, he will desire the posture in life just the same. It might not translate to the same hobbies and interests but whatever he wants to do, the standard of excellence will follow if you establish that expectation for yourself and hold yourself to that. He will learn to do the same just by observing your success. Don’t over think it. It’s easier to inspire than control or provoke.

Be patient, be consistent and the rest will happen on its own

My .02

Also, nice truck.
                          True words.

He is exceptional already. He's a natural leader just like me. The boy is highly articulate, and on occasion I had to show him he's not as smart or smarter than me. He still needs about 20-30 more years of life experience. Like your standard 2000+ something kid model, he's a die-hard gamer. I've noticed he leads the teams on the multitude of games he plays, tells others what to do and how to do it, and he gets the job done to win. Almost every game he plays, I hear the people he's playing with discussing how good of a player he is. He's always in the top bracket around the world in ranking. He excels in school attributable to the community that helped raise him and the standard I set when he was young while watching me work full time/part time and tackling engineering full time as a student at the same time (long winded sentence - whew). I'll just keep rolling with it. He even was around during the h22 transplant into Keshia. He observed but didn't really want to get involved.

Patience - I'll keep working on it, and I'm looking forward to a very clean, very fast, very nimble S10 to be a part of the family. I can see him driving it now.

Stay tuned and thanks.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

To get the ball rolling, I'm hunting down some of the rarer parts I need for my vision.

To start, I just purchased a Chevy 8.5 rear end. That should be able to hold up to the power that'll be thrown at it. I'm goinig to put a nice posi unit in it. I'll decide on the ratios later.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Are you back on the East coast? And what happened to your coupe..did you ever finish that build on it?
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X