Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

thinkin turbo

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinkin turbo

im thinkin bout getin turbo bu i jus started wit cb7s wat i need 2 turbo?? have stock f22a4 intake geting magnaflow exaust pretty soon trying 2 find everything for the turbo i got complete turbo kit on hold everyone telling me i need to get alot if i wanna turbo so please can any1 give me a list of wat to get
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=138029 <-mrt

diy whore riiittteeee here
    [URL="http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2208455"]
    http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/members/pr3pg4lyfe.html

I can barely understand you... therefore, I will automatically assume that you won't understand me when I try to help. So I won't waste my time.

There is an entire section on turbo on this forum. Read through it, and all your questions will be answered. If you're too lazy to do that, then you are far too lazy to install a turbo kit (and tune the ECU, which is the most important part).

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
      I can barely understand you... therefore, I will automatically assume that you won't understand me when I try to help. So I won't waste my time.

There is an entire section on turbo on this forum. Read through it, and all your questions will be answered. If you're too lazy to do that, then you are far too lazy to install a turbo kit (and tune the ECU, which is the most important part).
      primo response deev! i have had like 50 pm's from newbies i cannot understand whatsoever asking me what they need to do to turbo their car. i tell them to search!

If you have to ask your probably not ready for it!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
      member ride thread
      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I don't support telling someone to search when there is a straightforward answer to their question... but something as broad as this is simply laziness.

To get a proper answer, show some respect to those you're asking for help. Type clearly enough to be understood (I don't think anyone expects perfect grammar and spelling... but one long sentence with no punctuation, filled with slang and stupid abreviations is irritating to read) Show some hint of intelligence and dedication to your project by learning a bit on your own. The information is here. The people you're asking for help KNOW it is here, because they are the ones that put it there!

It takes MAYBE 20 minutes to skim through the Forced Induction section of this forum, learning a thing or two on your own. It will take someone at least that long to spoon-feed you all the information you request.
        The only difference is that the 20 minutes of YOUR time is an investment in your own project. 20 minutes of someone else's time is simply a waste of their time.

Comment

thats what i was saying... that i couldnt understand a single word said in the pm so i passed them along to the search or a very super general question. if someone pms me with a legible question i always give them my best response possible.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

ok well i as in me is thinking about puttin turbo as in forced induction u know onto my stock f22a4 you know a engine i was wondering if there is anything extra i have to do to chassis, engine, suspension, ect...

Comment

you as in you need to learn a thing or two about turbo theres plenty to do to the motor itself before you should worry about the chassis suspension etc though if you are going to upgrade your power you should probably make sure your brakes are in proper working order all bushings are replaced all ball joints tie rod ends struts tires and things like that are good do a compression test on the motor to make sure its still solid make sure you arent leaking or burning oil or coolant then learn a thing or two about turbo youll want a turbo thats large enough like a t3t4 and an intercooler and custom piping and some injectors like dsm 440cc injectors an external wastegate would be a good idea as well tial makes good ones dont cheap out there or you will blow up your motor the biggest thing you need to worry about is tuning which you are going to have to learn or have done for you as you cant boost your f22a4 you know a engine without tuning the ecu you know a computer

Comment

Originally posted by pr3pg4lyfe View Post
                im thinkin bout getin turbo bu i jus started wit cb7s wat i need 2 turbo?? have stock f22a4 intake geting magnaflow exaust pretty soon trying 2 find everything for the turbo i got complete turbo kit on hold everyone telling me i need to get alot if i wanna turbo so please can any1 give me a list of wat to get
                ok well i as in me is thinking about puttin turbo as in forced induction u know onto my stock f22a4 you know a engine i was wondering if there is anything extra i have to do to chassis, engine, suspension, ect...
                I can't help but make a non technical comment on these two posts.

I'm goign to assume that English is not your language of choice. If it isn't I fully understand and sympathize with you on how hard it can be to explain yourself. I have helped a few people that had a hard time with english and I know how frustrating it can be.

Now, If English is your native tongue. I highly recommend that you learn the basics of your own language before spending $$$ and time on a car. Education is a good base to having all the fast cars you want in the future.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

first of all, what turbo you want to go with?
                  miss my turbo cb7
                  moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                    first of all, what turbo you want to go with?
                    im just goin 2 buy a peice of shit one off ebay den once i get the money ill buy sutin name brand well its really hard to find any turbo system for a cb7 if its not i havent been looking good enuff

Comment

im just goin 2 buy a peice of shit one off ebay den once i get the money ill buy sutin name brand well its really hard to find any turbo system for a cb7 if its not i havent been looking good enuff
                      most of us guys love the dsm turbos. their quite easy to install. u have to find a turbo talon/eclipse from like 90-93 at a junkyard or even online, and get the turbo, turbo manifold, injectors. then go on ebay and get the intercooler and piping. find a civic ex at a junkyard and get the ecu off it. it should say P06 on it, if it doesnt thats not the ecu you need. then contact jose d112crzy to get it chipped for you. read Accord R33's thread on how to install it. your going to need a 2.5" exhaust system, boost and oil gauges, wideband (to tell you how your cars running), and at least get a stage 1 clutch.

good luck, i made 243hp on a 14b dsm (90-93 talon) turbo on 12.5 psi
                      miss my turbo cb7
                      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

I hope you plan on replacing your motor as well. Crap components can, and probably will, destroy your motor.

The first noobie mistake is to look for a "kit". You won't find any worthwhile pre-made kits for the CB7. If you find one, it's probably made with garbage components.

The DSM turbos are too small for the 2.2L engines in the CB7. They can be used, but they can do damage.

Do it right the first time, and do it once... or add another blown up CB7 to the junk yard, because you don't strike me as the type of person that will bother fixing it once you wreck it.

Comment

Don't try and save some money buying a pos turbo kit from ebay. You'll end up doing more damage. Probably the only thing you should get from ebay is the intercooler piping. You gotta pay to play so just save up your money and invest it in parts that will last you.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            I hope you plan on replacing your motor as well. Crap components can, and probably will, destroy your motor.

The first noobie mistake is to look for a "kit". You won't find any worthwhile pre-made kits for the CB7. If you find one, it's probably made with garbage components.

The DSM turbos are too small for the 2.2L engines in the CB7. They can be used, but they can do damage.

Do it right the first time, and do it once... or add another blown up CB7 to the junk yard, because you don't strike me as the type of person that will bother fixing it once you wreck it.
                            wat u mean kits?? like im new 2 everything i jus started mechanics so please no terms like do u mean kits like new pistons cam rod kits????

Comment

wat u mean kits?? like im new 2 everything i jus started mechanics so please no terms like do u mean kits like new pistons cam rod kits????
                              Go to Ebay and search "turbo kits f22" that's what we they mean by kits. It has nothing to do with cams, pistons or rods.

SOLD!!
                              Boosted H22
                              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Working...
                              X