Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

jmolina's: 1992 accord Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you just made me smile,

but if you mount the intercooler by the battery doesn't that eliminate the idea of an intercooler?
    i could run the pipes straight to the intake mani

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

boost creep happens when you have it set to 15 but it increases up a few points. there are a few reasons it happens. If you plan on running 11 psi prep everything to see 13-14psi

Comment

i only plan on running 7-8psi, will the turbonetics wastegate hold?

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
          deathgates why? whats wrong with those wastegates? i will get a new BOV though, to save me the welding job
          Dude, dont worry about the delta gate. Just make sure the diaphragm is still good. That waste gate will flow enough to handle your hp goals. If your worried, tell the tuner to add a boost cut 1psi or so above what your setup sees.

What manifold are you going to use?
          spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
            Dude, dont worry about the delta gate. Just make sure the diaphragm is still good. That waste gate will flow enough to handle your hp goals. If your worried, tell the tuner to add a boost cut 1psi or so above what your setup sees.

What manifold are you going to use?
            yeah the inside seems to be new and intacted.

i'm using a cast iron manifold(EBAY) i'm buying from a member here, should be shipped this week

Comment

get a tial 38 mm wastegate 250 $$ but there good

Comment

a good rule of thumb to remember is that your power goal may only be 250 but thats only untill you make it.then once you accomplish that goal its gonna go to 300 ,then 350 blah blah blah its better to buy quality parts the 1st time around that way your not buying some knock off bullshit then selling knock off bullshit to finance quality part in the long run you will actually save a little money F.Y.I..... you can pick up a used tial for about 175..

Comment

ay i still have the 560cc injectors lmk if you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by boosted4door View Post
                    get a tial 38 mm wastegate 250 $$ but there good
                    that is to too expensive for me right now,

Originally posted by DRQPQUT View Post
                    a good rule of thumb to remember is that your power goal may only be 250 but thats only untill you make it.then once you accomplish that goal its gonna go to 300 ,then 350 blah blah blah its better to buy quality parts the 1st time around that way your not buying some knock off bullshit then selling knock off bullshit to finance quality part in the long run you will actually save a little money F.Y.I..... you can pick up a used tial for about 175..
                    i'll get boost hungry afterwards and all my parts are quality FYI except the BOV, which will be replaced.

Originally posted by gdout90accord View Post
                    ay i still have the 560cc injectors lmk if you want it.
                    aright bro, when i get extra $$$ i'll get it off your hands

Comment

so i got pulled over today, and i got a feeling its gonna be a big ticket but i hope not. as of now the turbo is on hold.

update: i just got my cast iron turbo manifold delivered

Comment

u were racing werent you
                        I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Originally posted by 1991f22a1 View Post
                          u were racing werent you
                          what do u mean??

Comment

He means you got pulled over for racing, didn't you? lol.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                            I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

^^^oh the ticket!!! i thought he meant today, cause he always sees me driving around

no it wasn't for racing, i was going 70, the lady cop paced me at 78...she had no proof i was going 78mph, the jaguar infront of me was going the same rate of speed along with everyone else, but she picked me to pull over...i don't now why

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
                                ^^^oh the ticket!!! i thought he meant today, cause he always sees me driving around

no it wasn't for racing, i was going 70, the lady cop paced me at 78...she had no proof i was going 78mph, the jaguar infront of me was going the same rate of speed along with everyone else, but she picked me to pull over...i don't now why
                                It's because you drive a compact car that looks modified. I guaruntee that's the reason you were pulled over.

That particular wastegate can be risky, like the other guys said. I'd replace it, but that's just me.

This looks like a nice, cheap turbo setup you've got going on. I like it and I hope you meet your goal.

What size is that intercooler though? It looks pretty small to me, and you may need to upgrade?
                                R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Working...
                                X