Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throttle Seems Like it is getting Hung Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CornDog View Post
    What about your brake booster? Have you checked it? Thats the first thing I think of when you say it still hisses after you shut it off. That thing holds a lot of air. Cap it off if you're unsure. Don't drive it like that though...
    Okay I will give that a check.
    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      There is SUPPOSED to be some slack in the cable. According to the OEM service manual, with the throttle completely closed, there should be 0.39 - 0.47 inches of deflection of the throttle cable near the throttle linkage (cable pulley on the throttle body).
      Okay thanks, I will check back to see for adjustments.
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

I actually checked the vacuum hose for the brake booster though now that I think about it..hmm.. Would that really have an effect on the throttle becoming stuck?
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Don't know if this will help any, but might help rule out a couple things. Why don't you disconnect the throttle cable and then with the car running "blip" the throttle by hand. If it acts normal then there is something messing up before the throttle body, cable or pedal assembly, but if it still gets hung up you will at least know it has nothing to do with the cable.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Originally posted by thumping_accord View Post
            Don't know if this will help any, but might help rule out a couple things. Why don't you disconnect the throttle cable and then with the car running "blip" the throttle by hand. If it acts normal then there is something messing up before the throttle body, cable or pedal assembly, but if it still gets hung up you will at least know it has nothing to do with the cable.
            Yupp I revved up the car without the throttle cable connected & it still had the same issue. I have been busy & have not been working on it but I need to test the TPS to see if I was getting correct readings.

Also, I was thinking about the MAP sensor..I need to check the readings on that as well just to be sure.
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

So weird because it has acted & revved the same with my original Throttle Body that came with the car as well as the current one installed, which was from a donor car my buddy is letting me pull parts off of. This leads me to believe the TPS should be okay.

MAP Sensor?
              I have a perfect idle.
              hmmmm....all after doing my motor mounts!
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Check for vacuum leaks and also if the wire is actually making connection with the sensor at different positions on the throttle

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
                  I actually checked the vacuum hose for the brake booster though now that I think about it..hmm.. Would that really have an effect on the throttle becoming stuck?
                  Not the hose, the diaphragm in the booster is what would likely be bad. If its damaged it will allow air into the intake (vacuum leak) bypassing the throttle body. Plug it off to check it.

Also have you checked your vacuum lines to the EGR? You may have disconnected this line when you did the motor mounts. If its on the wrong port it may stay wide open all the time which act as another vacuum leak. I believe its supposed to run to the black box mounted to the firewall where there is a vacuum switch that controls it.
                  Last edited by CornDog; 08-26-2016, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                    Check for vacuum leaks and also if the wire is actually making connection with the sensor at different positions on the throttle
                    Yeah I did previously, also used some carb/intake cleaner & sprayed a bunch around the Intake Manifold as well as all the vacuum lines. But, like you said I will have to go back to double check the actual wiring harness for the TPS itself.
                    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by CornDog View Post
                      Not the hose, the diaphragm in the booster is what would likely be bad. If its damaged it will allow air into the intake (vacuum leak) bypassing the throttle body. Plug it off to check it.

Also have you checked your vacuum lines to the EGR? You may have disconnected this line when you did the motor mounts. If its on the wrong port it may stay wide open all the time which act as another vacuum leak. I believe its supposed to run to the black box mounted to the firewall where there is a vacuum switch that controls it.
                      Okay I will look at the Brake Booster again. I do believe the vacuum line to the EGR is correctly connected ( I never removed it ) but, it never hurts to check & make sure.
                      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Problem Solved

HELLO PEOPLE..

I know this thread doesn't seem like much but the problem I was having was haunting me for months!!
                        It is very hard to explain what the issue was but here I go..

It was an issue where at certain RPMs my throttle would seem to stick for a second then let off the throttle & return to normal. For example, if I were to be casually cruising at 35MPH in 5th gear the throttle would get hung up at around 1,500-1,900 RPMs. Also, another example would be if I was pulling out of a parking space & "creeping" in first gear, the throttle would shoot up & the whole car would jerk back & forth as if the ECU was receiving a signal to blip the throttle or something. I could hear my short ram sucking in air sometimes as well.

Well, yesterday I was driving to work (on Historic Tags in Maryland, yeah I did that so what!!) anyway..I was just doing some routine check ups under the hood. I checked the Clutch Master Cylinder reservoir & noticed it was extremely low. I keep some fluid in my trunk just in case, so I filled it up just to make sure I was okay for my ride home from work. I got back inside the car & just for shits & giggles I glanced at where the clutch pedal is located & sure enough I see clutch fluid leaking from the CMC inside my car!

This to me meant the Clutch Master Cylinder was obviously failing.

I went to Autozone & bought a Durlast CMC which does not include a reservoir or a new hose. I had to purchase a new hose which connects from the reservoir to the actual cylinder & rod part of the CMC.

Anyway.....after installing the Clutch Master Cylinder & bleeding the system I went for a test drive & what do you know? MY CB7 IS FINALLY DRIVING NORMAL AGAIN!

I am not sure on how the Clutch Master Cylinder could have caused this but hey, my car is back to normal!

If anyone has any idea of how the Clutch Master Cylinder would have an affect on the throttle please chime in on this thread!! I love learning..especially about cars.

Thanks to everyone who commented on this thread & gave their opinions & ideas!!!

PEACE!
                        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Crazy ending!
                          YEP. I AM Canadian.
                          1990 Accord EX 220,000 KM. Essentially stock with 15" alloys and chin spoiler added. K&N filter and Bosch plugs. ICE COLD A/C which I love!

1992 white EX 4 dr, 5 spd. (602,000 Kms and I JUST RETIRED IT. SO SAD!) DEC 9TH, 2005 - MAY 31, 2012. I added 229,000 kms to it. Great car!

Comment

Working...
                          X