Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cooling/Condenser fan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling/Condenser fan problem

So I obtained this 1992 Honda Accord EX and when I got it, it had a toggle switch for the cooling fans behind the radiator. When the green connector is plugged into the sensor on the thermostat housing, the fans never kick on and the car will overheat. The green plug that connects to the sensor on the thermostat housing is where the guy had the toggle switch ran to. When I flip the switch, it shorts the connection, kicking the fans on. By that alone I'm able to rule out a bad relay. I've checked all wiring running to the fans, and I've replaced the thermostat housing sensor. Every fuse on the car has been checked for continuity, and every fuse is good, ruling out a bad fuse as well. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by CB7_F22A; 07-26-2016, 10:47 AM. Reason: More information to add.

Ive heard a bad thermostat will cause that. If the coolant isnt flowing past the thermostat, the switch may not see enough heat to change states.

Comment

Originally posted by CornDog View Post
      Ive heard a bad thermostat will cause that. If the coolant isnt flowing past the thermostat, the switch may not see enough heat to change states.
      Even if when I throw the toggle switch, the fans come on and the car cools down? I figured if the car gets cooled, the coolant would be flowing.

Comment

There are two cooling fan switches. One is on the thermostat housing below the throttle body and the other is on the outlet on the front of the head. Which one are you toggling? I know you said the thermostat housing but some people confuse that with the outlet on the front of the head. Also make sure you got the correct temp switch I believe they are interchangeable and they do not kick on at the same temp. As for the thermostat, the only reason I mentioned it is because I have seen one do that before and the only thing that fixed it was replacing the thermostat.

Comment

I'm toggling the one on the thermostat housing under the I/M. I had to search everywhere for the actual switch. A guy from Advanced Auto Parts found it under the prelude section in their computers.
          Last edited by CB7_F22A; 08-09-2016, 01:54 PM. Reason: additional information

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_F22A View Post
            So I obtained this 1992 Honda Accord EX and when I got it, it had a toggle switch for the cooling fans behind the radiator. When the green connector is plugged into the sensor on the thermostat housing, the fans never kick on and the car will overheat. The green plug that connects to the sensor on the thermostat housing is where the guy had the toggle switch ran to. When I flip the switch, it shorts the connection, kicking the fans on. By that alone I'm able to rule out a bad relay. I've checked all wiring running to the fans, and I've replaced the thermostat housing sensor. Every fuse on the car has been checked for continuity, and every fuse is good, ruling out a bad fuse as well. Any suggestions?
            i just salved a issue simuler to this . it turned out to be a bad ground in the harness from ecu . hope you figure this out .
            this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
            How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
            Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

I also have had a similar problem to this. It was the connector at the fan switch not making contact. I folded the wires and zip tied them in a way it worked. Try wiggling the connection, and see if it kicks on at operating temp.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                I also have had a similar problem to this. It was the connector at the fan switch not making contact. I folded the wires and zip tied them in a way it worked. Try wiggling the connection, and see if it kicks on at operating temp.
                Yeah, I'll have to try that. My engine temp gauge is the same way. The wires for that are right near the thermostat housing and I had to jiggle them around to get my gauge to work properly.

Comment

If that doesn't work I would take out the connector from fan switch to its next connecting location and buzz your corresponding wires to check resistance through the wires. Or pull out a handy manual and check from fuse to fan switch. I'll check some troubleshooting info on Alldata for you tomorrow at work and let you know if anything else could be a culprit. I have seen a bad wire or two in my day.

Comment

Why not just replace that t switch where the connector hooks up to? It's about a 50 dollar part from Honda and a quick replacement. At least this way you don't have to turn that switch on and off. My old cb7, I just cut that connector and put those two wires together and fan ran at all times when ign was on. But that's just me.
                    The beginning of a new era............................
                    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                    X