Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Do anybody know about the holes in the bumper thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
    it works both ways. if the wing is designed correctly for the car, it produces downforce to keep the rear end planted in turns giving the car more grip. you typically wont see a rear wing without some sort of downforce-inducing piece on the front such as a splitter or canards.
    Well Ive always wondered about drift cars and their wings.. how do they help them?

Comment

Drift cars are designed to grip.

Comment

i can see the purpose of grip in the front.. but what about the rear with it sliding all around

sorry about the question btw but it's curious for me

Comment

Originally posted by BlitzCB7 View Post
          i can see the purpose of grip in the front.. but what about the rear with it sliding all around
          those things have enough power to break traction whenever they want.
          they still need a wing in the back to be able to control their drifts better.

their slides are very controlled and generally pretty precise. any aero improvement while sliding sideways at 90mph is welcome....
          Last edited by H22Artman; 09-22-2009, 06:07 PM.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
            those things have enough power to break traction whenever they want.
            they still need a wing in the back to be able to control their drifts better.

their slides are very controlled and generally pretty precise. any aero improvement while sliding sideways at 90mph is welcome....
            GOTCHA!! I just figured wings and spoilers would be primarily used for better cornering or keeping your ass on the ground and stuff.. I didn't think it would help going sideways much

Comment

has anyone ever gone fast enough in a cb7 to need holes in the bumper?

Comment

Originally posted by 4doors View Post
                has anyone ever gone fast enough in a cb7 to need holes in the bumper?
                80mph is fast enough.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

just my opinion...but i would never cut or put holes in the rear bumper....just dont look good...even if it helped out with aero....i never was a fan of that..

Comment

This topic actually gives me an idea. If I could get a rear diffuser and have it look good, I'd definitely put one on. I'm always on the freeway doing about 90-100, with short bursts past 110.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                      This topic actually gives me an idea. If I could get a rear diffuser and have it look good, I'd definitely put one on. I'm always on the freeway doing about 90-100, with short bursts past 110.

woah! no need to even go that fast man...people get killed because of drivers like you...there is no control after 100....just wasting gas...i would understand if you drove on the autobahn but you dont...ridiculous and im sure others on here think that too...

Comment

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
                        woah! no need to even go that fast man...people get killed because of drivers like you...there is no control after 100....just wasting gas...i would understand if you drove on the autobahn but you dont...ridiculous and im sure others on here think that too...
                        dont tell him what to do. he can drive as fast as he wants and if he is better than 95% of the driver's out there, he already is in more control.

Other people cant drive worth a shit.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

didnt tell him what to do...i told him it wasnt smart to go that fast, you tell him he can drive as fast as he wants....but when something happens to this guy i guess ill be the only person who thought it was stupid to go balls to the wall on the "freeway" its not a fucking drag strip...other peoples lifes are at stake as well if you didnt know..

Comment

you know ive seen more accidents related to normal traffic than street racing. it's just that they make it a big deal when there is a street racing accident.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

yes i do agree with you on that one...but 100 is a bit excessive...but at those speeds if you do hit someone..some one is likely to die in the crash...

Comment

I'm very safe about it, I'm definitely not out to hurt anyone else. And yes, at those speeds I still feel in complete control.

And by the way, if anyone on here who has upgraded their car's engine performance (which I would assume is about 95% of us) rags on anyone for speeding, you need to be slapped.
                                Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-07-2009, 10:26 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X