Cruise Control problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Control problem

I have a 92 accord ex coupe 5 speed. My cruise control button lights up but set doesn't engage servo nor does it turn light on dash. Most things i have already eliminated. Brake and clutch switch, control module and most of others. I still have to do test on actuators solenoid but i don't think thats it either cause light on dash would at least light up i think but nothing happens. So it is down to slip ring in steering wheel or the set/resume switch. I have read slip ring is a likely suspect at some other site for Hondas. Set/resume switch buttons has never felt or worn or anything but who knows. I can't find the part number for a slip ring. Is this something i would have to get from junkyard? And what do yall think of my cruise issue? What function does a slip ring perform?
    Last edited by zedjr10; 04-13-2017, 10:24 PM.

The cable reel part number is 77900-SM5-A01; no longer available from Honda. It carries electrical signals from the rotating steering wheel to the stationary steering column.

If your speed sensor didn't work, neither would your speedometer or odometer.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      The cable reel part number is 77900-SM5-A01; no longer available from Honda. It carries electrical signals from the rotating steering wheel to the stationary steering column.

If your speed sensor didn't work, neither would your speedometer or odometer.
      Is cable reel the same as slip ring? I found one for 91 list as slip ring. They look alot different and thanks for the clear up for the speed sensor.

Comment

Ok i see the design seemed to changed for wagons in 91 and all accords in 92. Slip ring one year and cable reel next year. Ok i understand i think now. Going to have to get that at junkyard with set resume switch. If the steering wheel is pretty easy to remove i can test, reassemble then go to junkyard. Is the steering wheel and everything else i need to do take long. Can u give me an approximate time if u can? The first thing i will do is test set resume switch by removing lower panel then test cable reel with wheel removed as instructions say for slip ring though. Anyone have instruction for cable reel?
        Last edited by zedjr10; 04-14-2017, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X