Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Intro post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro post

Figured I'd make an intro post after signing up recently and getting a lot of useful info for my swap from here.

Having owned a lot of Civics and CRXs over the years I never had an Accord and was looking for something with power steering and AC. Picked this guy up about 3 years ago for a couple stacks. It's a 93 LX. The body was in ok shape, the interior was trashed but the engine ran great and the trans shifted smooth.

I had no immediate plans to do anything other then drive it but the more I drove it the more I wanted to fix it up. First thing was the interior. I got a whole interior from a junkyard, no pics unfortunately. Well this is after.

The steering wheel was driving me crazy so I put a cover on it for awhile. It would twist in your hands and when taking a turn it was like blipping the throttle on a bike. I ended up drilling a couple holes, injecting some gorilla glue and letting it dry. Painted it with some SEM vinyl spray and installed new horn buttons. Pretty happy with how it turned out even though it's still a little cracked at the top, it's solid and that's good enough for me. That paint dries crazy fast. I drove the car like 45 minutes after I painted the wheel and it hasn't flaked, cracked, peeled or anything.

Painted the b pillar trim

The whole steering and suspension has been gone over in the past couple years. I'm an OEM parts whore and get a pretty good discount at work so I try and keep everything OEM if I can. New rack, inner and outers, balljoints, wheel bearings, brakes, exhaust, bushings etc. Worked on the engine for a bit replacing all the seals.

Now the car runs great, drives great, handles "ok" for a stock car anyway. I started getting bored and came here to research H22 swaps. Got a lot of good info and started ordering parts.

The engine should be here next week and I think i have everything I need.

Clutch and flywheel

H23 distributor

Ebay header with ghetto wrap job for now...

Tensioner

Sub harness

Started prepping a spare harness for when the engine gets here

Plans now are to get the H22 in and running and maybe lower it a little but I think a paint job is going to be my next project as it doesn't look nearly as good in person as it does in the pics.

Nice work already!
    The paint just looks like it could use a detailing to breathe some life back into it.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Your post is making me think your Civic/CRX projects were extremely well done. It looks like you're restoring the car before modifying it... who does that?! lol

Sick car, man, I look forward to seeing what comes of this.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        Nice work already!
        The paint just looks like it could use a detailing to breathe some life back into it.
        Thanks. Unfortunately it's beyond detailing. You'd have to see it in person, both bumpers clear coat peeling pretty bad, plenty of scratches and dents and some tiny bits of rust.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          Your post is making me think your Civic/CRX projects were extremely well done. It looks like you're restoring the car before modifying it... who does that?! lol

Sick car, man, I look forward to seeing what comes of this.
          Thanks. Yeah my projects get out of hand sometimes.

Started as this

Was this for a little while

Turned into this

Comment

That's the nicest CRX I've ever seen. And in grey too?! Amazing.

Comment

x2. Man Honda has come a looooong way. Not necessarily a good thing.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                That's the nicest CRX I've ever seen. And in grey too?! Amazing.
                Thanks. That's my garage queen lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  x2. Man Honda has come a looooong way. Not necessarily a good thing.
                  Yes they have. I'm a huge fan of old school Hondas. I actually just sold my Prelude not to long ago. Little seller's remorse but the money went to a good cause. My H22 swap lol.

Comment

Nice work, sir!

I hear you on the old school Hondas, my mother had one of those Preludes in silver with burgundy interior. I think I remember liking how it handled. Our other car at that time was a 1981 Civic Wagon. Man I really liked that little wagon. One of these I going modify one.

Comment

Love the cars man great work!

Comment

Thanks for the comments guy.

I was looking at a M2Y4 trans and I thought I was going to end up getting it but that never materialized. I was kind of bummed out but shortly after I stumbled across this.

Pulled it the case off and everything looks good. I'm pretty psyched. I know some people complain about 5th gear and highway driving and I have a somewhat lengthy commute everyday but we'll see what happens. I'll still have my F trans or maybe I'll do a custom 5th gear.

Is this the right spot for this post since I think it will turn into a build thread? If not where should I post this?

Comment

Clean cb , I love the crx. I have a feeling this thing might be a little more that dd when your done, hehe.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Drilled and tapped threads to move the studs over on the trans today. Did some cleaning too. Can you guess which half I cleaned?

Comment

Nice, I love the front of your CRX, the turn signals caught my eye. I really like your Accord, I have a 93 lx also but mine is an auto and I am considering a h22 swap.

Comment

Working...
                              X