GT86, FR-S, BRZ thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
    Loudness to a point doesn’t bother me, it is a Subaru after all. (Unequal headers and fart cannons) I’m reading people have used Motul300 in their gearbox and diff to make it shift better when cold & quiet it down. Why would Subaru send out drivetrain parts with sub par fluids? Must’ve been Toyota’s choice.. I personally don’t have to worry about this, but people in colder climates are saying they literally cannot get into 2nd gear for like 10mins when it’s freezing or below. I get NO fluid will have good flow characteristics at sub freezing temps, but it shouldn’t take 10 minutes to get into 2nd.

I found an Asphalt grey one in Tennessee I’m gonna try to look at soon.
    What’s the opinion on the Extra-S for the BRZ? When I had my STi it was in high regard and at least equal to the Motul 300. The Motul was known to not flow as well as the Extra-S in the cold. I used the Subaru 90GL LSD fluid in my rear diff but I believe that’s since gone out of production.

When I did the Kartboy bushing and rear shifter stay shift action was much improved. The only problem was that it transmitted more gear whine, but I kinda liked that since it wasn’t my DD.

The only other thing I don’t like that Subaru does is spec 0w-20 in those motors as the boxer tends to like to shear oil. They were having consumption issues on the Forester, although that may have only been the EJ version. Regardless I’d been at least looking into German Castrol Syntec as an option.

Comment

Can you even get extra-s in something smaller than 5qts? I’m gonna read up on its properties vs Motul.

Comment

Working...
      X