Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Million mile joe uses Honda oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See I was right, He uses Honda Oil.

Comment

Are you wearing your spectacles, Ralph?

I always stuck to the Honda maintenance schedule; I always used Honda filters, belts, hoses, plugs and fluids with the exception of engine oil. This is only because I started with an engine oil I have used exclusively since the early 1980's.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Are you wearing your spectacles, Ralph?
        Rofl I'm just joking.

Wanted to see what toy car said but your beat him to it.

Comment

He's probably knocked himself unconscious on his desk after reading it, before he was able to reply.

Comment

He's probably knocked himself unconscious on his desk after reading it, before he was able to reply.
            LOL!!

Hopefully not but I do owe him a beer after dragging him through that hahahaha

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/notes/honda...87778794583529

And technically, he's only 926,000 mile Joe. He bought the car used in 96 with 74k on it.
              No, he has over 1 Million now:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF0L1YmcZIQ
              91 Accord LX 5-speed
              93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

Lol@the comments.

I had this witty copy and paste job all typed up and realized,"Hes gotta be fucking with me," and got back to work.

Lol

OEM fluids, filters or not. Million mile Joe is my hero.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by HelmHoltz View Post
                  No, he has over 1 Million now:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF0L1YmcZIQ
                  technically not until he gets 1,074,00 on the odo, he would be million mile joe

people forget it's MILLION MILE CB9

nine hundred and twenty six thousand mile joe still got about 1 more year

the reason really why he's made it this far is the oil

now who can guess the oil, he's been using it since the 80's
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

PR CB7 is right, there is a CB9 that hit one million miles ten years ago. The guy that owned the car actually put all 1 million miles on it, Honda gave him the car and he drove it off the assembly line.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                      technically not until he gets 1,074,00 on the odo, he would be million mile joe

people forget it's MILLION MILE CB9

nine hundred and twenty six thousand mile joe still got about 1 more year

the reason really why he's made it this far is the oil

now who can guess the oil, he's been using it since the 80's
                      Amsoil? I know that seemed to come to prominence (or the company started) in the 80s.

Comment

i bought my car at 498,xxx ..lol no b.s with org motor , ive since replaced it twice... n my cluster but i,d bet i have 600,000 ballpark on the body .... i also only use honda brand everything i get there oil because im there anyways buyin stuff... i like the parts counter service..

Comment

At least you know everything from Honda will be right for what you have. There may be better, but authentic Honda parts will always be sufficient.

The great thing about the CB is that Honda was just emerging as a quality automaker. Before 1990, Honda was known mainly for cheap, efficient, reliable cars (with a bit of a reputation for sportiness... the 3rd gen Accord held the crown that the Altima now holds...) In the 90s, Honda came into their own. I honestly believe that the Accord, being Honda's best seller, was over-engineered in those times. These cars are old as dirt now, but the attention to detail that went into building them was crazy, as was the quality of the parts used. How many things on your car can you look at and say "why the hell did they do THAT?" I can't think of any!

Comment

back in the early 90's an SE interior must have been tits to have

using a 00 civic si door panel and comparing it to a 93 se coupe, you can see honda's intention
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

I've owned a 92 LX, and an 02 SE... and my LX's interior quality is far superior, IMO. The 02 SE's interior felt inferior even to my ex's 95 Civic LX!

My CB's interior quality is superior to that of my 09 Fit, my old 02 (from 07 to 08) GTP, and even my 06 CTS-V.
                              The CB also went 12 years on stock shocks without blowing them. My Fit has a blown shock (or close to it), my GTP had at least 2 fully blown, and the V has front shocks that are damn near shot.

Comment

At least you know everything from Honda will be right for what you have. There may be better, but authentic Honda parts will always be sufficient.

The great thing about the CB is that Honda was just emerging as a quality automaker. Before 1990, Honda was known mainly for cheap, efficient, reliable cars (with a bit of a reputation for sportiness... the 3rd gen Accord held the crown that the Altima now holds...) In the 90s, Honda came into their own. I honestly believe that the Accord, being Honda's best seller, was over-engineered in those times. These cars are old as dirt now, but the attention to detail that went into building them was crazy, as was the quality of the parts used. How many things on your car can you look at and say "why the hell did they do THAT?" I can't think of any!
                                You are 100% right. You can ask my roomate...every time i work on my cb i remark how straight foward everything is. You can hear me bent over the engine saying "damn i love this car!" I classify an easy repair job as one with no snags. Every time i repair something on my cb i have no snags and i love it! I LOVE THIS CAR! Lol
                                visit vgruk

Comment

Working...
                                X