Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Swap h23a1 into 92accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap h23a1 into 92accord

First off my car is a 1992 Honda Accord it originally had an F 22 single overhead cam motor and an automatic transmission after blowing multiple head gaskets I ended up with a 1996 H23a1 5spd combo out of a prelude. My question is although I have all the dash and main engine harness out of the prelude I don't have the time to do the wiring swap can I put my F22 intake and main engine harness on to the H23 motor so it all plugs into my factory car wiring harness and also will the F22 ECU start and run the H23 motor if not and I absolutely have to change the wiring harness' Will my gauges in my dash plug into the prelude wiring harness and work properly or will I have to do custom wiring job for that. Any help given will be greatly appreciated thank you have a nice day

Will

That is incredibly difficult to read.

The H23A1 swap is very common. Information can be found in the Swaps section of this site. You generally use the stock Accord wiring harness for any swap, and simply add additional wires as needed.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...light=h23+swap

F22 ECU will run the h23 (and I believe it eliminates the need to set up the knock sensor... but I don't remember)
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Ok thanks guys I think I'll give it a shot with factory stuff just to get me going and I'll research more on wiring to make it a hundred percent really appreciate the second opinions I'll also double check through the swap section of the forum

Comment

The F22 ECU will not run it correctly. Yes, it will run it... but I wouldn't suggest doing it for long if you don't want to damage your engine. And you WANT a knock sensor. It is a valuable failsafe.

Comment

Originally posted by Willgeezy88 View Post
            Ok thanks guys I think I'll give it a shot with factory stuff just to get me going and I'll research more on wiring to make it a hundred percent really appreciate the second opinions I'll also double check through the swap section of the forum
            Please work on sentence structure. It hurts my head to figure out what is going on in the first post.
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Ok I've heard how the f22 ECU will run it but not correctly what damage might I look for just so I know....I apologize for the sentence structure I was racking my brain all night before I posted on here and was almost half asleep lol when I swapped my wiring harness and intake from my f22 over to the h23 I found a couple plugs on the h23 that do not plug into the f22 engine harness one of them is under the oil filter I'm guessing oil pressure gauge wire? The other is near the front of the motor as in the timing cover at the bottom by the oil pan on the intake side of the block is that a crank sensor or maybe łow oil level dummy light or knock sensor I'm new to the import game I've mostly delt with good old american muscle cars and trucks

Comment

I believe the oil pressure sensor wire is one thing that is different. I know the location is different on the H engines vs the F engines.

Go back to your F22 harness. I assure you, it will make for a much easier swap. Any information you find on this forum, or any other forum, is likely to be using the F22 harness.

As for sentence structure, we really do push for coherent posts on here. Not only does it help you get the answers you need (everyone that has replied so far has done a swap...) but it also helps others with similar questions in the future. Take care constructing your posts, and think of it as contributing to this community.

Comment

I hate wiring lol

Ok the wire by the oil filter is taken care of then. I'm trying to use my f22 harness and I have the motors sitting side by side and the other wire I asked about is not on my f22 by the timing cover on the intake side of the block and down by where the oil pan and bottom of block mate together...just a reminder my h23a1 is out of a 96 prelude which I believe to be an obd2 motor should I post this motor online and try to find a 95 or earlier h23 to eliminate my minor wiring issues and make this swap easier?

Comment

That's the crankshaft position sensor. Its function is integrated into the distributor on OBD1 engines. You can take the OBD2 H23A1 distributor apart and use all of the internals from the F22A to convert it to the one you need. If that's too involved then you can purchase a USDM H22A1 or H23A1 distributor from a '92-'95 vehicle.

And like others are saying, please break up your sentences. Your posts are not necessarily difficult to read because you're not being descriptive enough, but more because you aren't breaking up the thoughts.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I've got an h23a1 in my 92, its was rather simple to swap if I do say so myself. Use your stock harness and run a wire for both the knock sensor and the IABs in the intake manifold. Your oil pressure sensor is located below the oil filter so you will more than likely have to unloom / move / and then reloom that plug; you will also have to do this with the sensor on coolant outlet, on the head going to the radiator. Get a distributor from a obd1 h23a1, with the external coil, and use a ecu out of an earlier prelude, 94 and before I believe. You will have to pin in the wires you ran for the knock sensor and the IABs. I think that is pretty much it....

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Working...
                      X