APC "IcyHot" LEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egh...

Either my phone or photobucket...one of the two is being ghey...but here's the fronts. You can see the shape of the bulbs.

The color they put out isnt as amber as regular bulbs, but they look cooler. I dont know how to explain it.

I tried to get a good pic of the rears, but like i said they dont really look that different than they did with regular bulbs in. I think the daytime pics will really show the difference.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
      Egh...

Either my phone or photobucket...one of the two is being ghey...but here's the fronts. You can see the shape of the bulbs.

The color they put out isnt as amber as regular bulbs, but they look cooler. I dont know how to explain it.

I tried to get a good pic of the rears, but like i said they dont really look that different than they did with regular bulbs in. I think the daytime pics will really show the difference.
      Pics of the rear or ban.
      wat?

Comment

ahem....... pics!

wat?

Comment

Egh...

I think its more like your phone.......
          Take one with a few steps back please..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Don't complain about quality. I'm pretty sure its photobucket. My pics never come out this dark.

In the last 2 though, you can see the "roundness" of the outer bulb. The whole light is illuminated, but if you look at it head-on, you can see the LED being shone through the square reflector in the tail light.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Kou, my phone sucks. 2.3 megapixels. If that. Its built for sunny, "lotsa light" atmospheres. Not "see the intricate details of my lights". Just about any pic youve seen of mine, including my sig, is taken with my cell.

I was hoping to show the actual shape of the LED, hence why i got so close. If i step away, its looks the exact same as it does with the regular amber bulbs in....

I know i FAIL, but its either this or DIY.

Comment

Well I just ordered two amber 1156's and two red 1157's on ebay, I will go grab one pair of 1157's from ebay so I don't run up the CC
                wat?

Comment

Huh?

Why 1157's??

Did you mean to say 2 from ebay and 2 from the autoparts store...

I know that seems a little pricey, but i paid $33 for all red bulbs, and $22 for all the corner bulbs.

All i gotta get now are ones for the bumper lights, license plate lights and maybe the interior lights.

Comment

In all honesty, and really, this is the best thing next to actual LED tail lights. And IMHO, it was worth it. I like the quickness and sharpness of LEDs over standard filament bulbs. And LEDs, even if they're just bulbs, in the tail lights have faster reaction times as well.

Comment

Huh?

Why 1157's??

Did you mean to say 2 from ebay and 2 from the autoparts store...

I know that seems a little pricey, but i paid $33 for all red bulbs, and $22 for all the corner bulbs.

All i gotta get now are ones for the bumper lights, license plate lights and maybe the interior lights.
                      Nvm what i just said,

4x 1157 RED 20LED's
                      2x 1156 AMBER 18LED's
                      46 bucks all together

I already have a LED spoiler and LED license plate lights
                      Last edited by C91BLX7; 06-20-2008, 12:30 AM.
                      wat?

Comment

Whyd you order the 20 LEDs?? I think the ones i bought were like 12. Maybe 15. Remember, theyre bigger than standard bulbs. They fit just right in my red clears, but in my OEMsi had to sand down the holes.

$46 isnt bad.

Where'd you get the license plate bulbs? Ebay or superbright? Theyre like 194 or 168 arent they?

Comment

Whyd you order the 20 LEDs?? I think the ones i bought were like 12. Maybe 15. Remember, theyre bigger than standard bulbs. They fit just right in my red clears, but in my OEMsi had to sand down the holes.

$46 isnt bad.

Where'd you get the license plate bulbs? Ebay or superbright? Theyre like 194 or 168 arent they?
                          Yeah i got them like last year off of ebay.
                          wat?

Comment

Err...i dunno, they might be 20. Its too late and im too tired dammit.

Comment

I shouldn't have to sand the bulbs look pretty small.

wat?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc

Don't complain about quality. I'm pretty sure its photobucket. My pics never come out this dark.

In the last 2 though, you can see the "roundness" of the outer bulb. The whole light is illuminated, but if you look at it head-on, you can see the LED being shone through the square reflector in the tail light.

WOW.........pinkish/redish......I LIKE IT.....

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X