Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22a swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a swap

okay so i have 91 cb7 and i plan to do a swap to h22a very soon and the ecu im looking at is a ham motor sports socketed and chipped obd1 p28 vtec. will i need a jumper harness? and what is a custom base map? please help i wanna do this asap

Just get a stock P13 ECU. You don't need a chipped ECU for a stock H22A, and no "basemap" is intended to be driven on. A basemap is only a generic fuel map intended to get the engine running so the ECU can be properly tuned. Driving on one can result in damage to your engine.
    Without a fair amount of modification, there isn't much to be gained by tuning an ECU anyway... so you'd be wasting your money, and potentially putting your engine at risk with that ECU. You will not need a jumper harness if you do choose to waste your money on it. It will plug right in. You will need to wire a few things for VTEC and such, and a P28 won't control your IABs unless it has been modified to do so.

I've never heard of ham motorsports... it could very well just be some 16 year old kid in his mom's basement, grabbing ECUs from junkyards and soldering in the socket. Then burning a map he found on the internet somewhere. The necessary tools to chip an ECU cost under $100, and it's not terribly difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Just get a stock P13 ECU. You don't need a chipped ECU for a stock H22A, and no "basemap" is intended to be driven on. A basemap is only a generic fuel map intended to get the engine running so the ECU can be properly tuned. Driving on one can result in damage to your engine.
      Without a fair amount of modification, there isn't much to be gained by tuning an ECU anyway... so you'd be wasting your money, and potentially putting your engine at risk with that ECU.
      I've never heard of ham motorsports... it could very well just be some 16 year old kid in his mom's basement, grabbing ECUs from junkyards and soldering in the socket. Then burning a map he found on the internet somewhere. The necessary tools to chip an ECU cost under $100, and it's not terribly difficult.
      thank you very much

Comment

Working...
      X