Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new to cb help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to cb help

where do i check the oil? i have oil light on the dash and i dont know what to do

thanks for the help

the orange dipstick to the right of the engine. check oil on level surface. Pull it out and wipe it clean, then reinsert and pull out again and note reading. The distance between the top dot/hole and bottom dot/hole is about 1 qt. you should be somewhere in between there. Your car takes 5w30 oil if you need more. 4 qts total capacity.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

so you put it threw that little hole?

Comment

well when you add oil there is that knob on top of the valve cover....

Comment

Originally posted by green-mania
          so you put it threw that little hole?
          no thats just to check the oil, to add more, put some through the top of the valve cover, unscrew that cap on top. I would HIGHLY suggest going to an auto store and buying a Chilton or Haynes repair manual for your accord. It has pretty much all the answers right there in the book for maintainence of the car. Its about $20 but well worth it. I've used it many time to do work in the past.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
            no thats just to check the oil, to add more, put some through the top of the valve cover, unscrew that cap on top. I would HIGHLY suggest going to an auto store and buying a Chilton or Haynes repair manual for your accord. It has pretty much all the answers right there in the book for maintainence of the car. Its about $20 but well worth it. I've used it many time to do work in the past.

X2 on that. Checking your motor oil is basic knowledge when you own a vehicle.
            Sig removed due to excessive size

Comment

Working...
            X