TCM concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCM concern

Does the part number on the TCM really matter? Can a TCM from a DX or LX operate an EX or vise-versa? I found the preventative maintenance and FAQ's threads and they have great info but I haven't found anything on interchangeability. Thanks

I think almost any CB TCU will operate the transmission, but the proper one will operate it better. They differ based on the engine they are paired with and the vehicle (EX trans is geared differently than DX/LX, wagon is different from coupe/sedan). If you plug the part number in at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, it will show interchangeability or parts that it supersedes or supersede it.

If you have one that is going bad, I have had two repaired by "mandigital" on ebay. $75 for lifetime guaranteed repair. Quick turnaround. I try to keep a spare just in case (only have one automatic vehicle left in my fleet).
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thanks Fleetwood, I thought it might have something to do with shift points.

I'd like to try my hand on repairing the one I just grabbed from the pull a part, already swapped it out and it didn't want to shift out of 1st. If I can't get it to work, I'll look into your Ebay suggestion.

Comment

Working...
      X