Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h23 head on a f22b2 block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 head on a f22b2 block

ok i have had this accord for a min and i was told that the atl mnt run is coming up. and i would like to be there. so here is my ?? has anyone put a
    h23 head on a f22b2? and how dose it do on topend bottomend torque what. let me know thanks

Search the terms "frankenstein", "hybrid", "headswap", "g23", and "g22". Read my posts in any relevant thread you find. You will see the same answer every time.

The bottom end won't safely rev high enough to really take advantage of the head's flow potential. The compression will be very low compared to the H23. The bore diameter and the head's combustion chamber diameter are different, which will result in a sharp edge... that's just begging for detonation.
    And finally... if you have never built an engine before, I would NOT suggest building a hybrid engine as your first attempt. If you have to ask this question, I assume you don't have the necessary knowledge to answer it yourself... I don't mean that as an insult, just a warning. If you don't know what you're doing, the chances are VERY good that it will fail. I have seen such hybrids fail when built by knowledgeable, experienced people... so a beginner is almost guaranteed to fail.

If your Accord is just a project, and not something you rely on to get around, then give it a shot. Especially if you have the head and block lying around, and can afford the time and money it will take to make this work. However, if you depend on this car, or you don't have much money to invest... I would not suggest trying a headswap. The gains aren't that great, and the risks are significant.

Comment

Working...
    X