Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    Sell it. Don't let it go to waste ...
    I already saved the car from going to the scrapper, and transported it from Texas to California. I have no intention of letting it go to waste, even though time wears on it like everything.

It's still in pretty good shape, all maintenance on it was completely done right before it was parked. Most things are easy/quick fixes. It just needs a new short-block. So to revive as a "stockish" car, would be about $1500 with all the known issues.

If I want to upgrade it (like my heart wants), gonna end up probably dumping 5k+ into it.

10 years ago, trying to acquire parts on a cash only lifestyle, while living from paycheck to paycheck just wasn't really possible, and it was a better investment of my money/time on a new car (09 Fit Sport). Now that I've been working from home for the last 5+ years, my Fit barely gets driven (only has 88k miles on it), and the wife needing a car to get around on occasion (and it's something I already have and am knowledgeable about [thanks to everyone whom have contributed to this site over the years]); that and my brain wrote off the money already put into it, doesn't seem like that terrible of an investment compared to the money pits other cars I could buy used with that money, and used parts are cheap/plentiful if needed from the local junkyards. (probably where I'll get some temporary tires from to make it roll-able again before giving it new shoes)
    Last edited by cloudasc; 05-16-2020, 08:57 PM.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Sell it. Don't let it go to waste ...
      Especially if you want an FD; prices on those are only going up.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        Especially if you want an FD; prices on those are only going up.
        I've been watching the prices of clean FD's, and good examples are around 30k (and have been for the last decade or so), even after inflation; so while they are holding value pretty well, still kinda on an overall decline. Also it's possible to import JDM examples if you don't mind the RHD experience / safety concerns.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
        X