CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #21
toycar
CB7tuner Member

toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfr3ak View Post
got my t3 t4 running wheresurs
You want a cookie?

Big deal, so you bolted some stuff together, good for you

You feel better now?

BTW, this isnt a "OMG I gots a turbo" thread

This thread was over your head from square one

Now go tune your car
toycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #22
cobratt03
CB7tuner Member

cobratt03 is cool... so far.
You beat me to the punch. i was actually going to put both(14/t25) on my accord. i wanted to see the difference.

What he is talking about is very true. I had a very good friend of mine that had a 14b on his d16(i had one with a t25). It def made a difference with the coolant hooked up. On the d16 its very easy too. You could def tell about the underhood temps by just opening the hood comparing to when they didnt have coolant through the turbo.

The 14b for the price is a badass little turbo. Put out 248/242( i beleive very close to that) on a D16.

Since the OP is very big into DSM. IS it true the DSM mani will fit the f22 with slight mods?
cobratt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #23
toycar
CB7tuner Member

toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful toycar is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobratt03 View Post
You beat me to the punch. i was actually going to put both(14/t25) on my accord. i wanted to see the difference.

What he is talking about is very true. I had a very good friend of mine that had a 14b on his d16(i had one with a t25). It def made a difference with the coolant hooked up. On the d16 its very easy too. You could def tell about the underhood temps by just opening the hood comparing to when they didnt have coolant through the turbo.

The 14b for the price is a badass little turbo. Put out 248/242( i beleive very close to that) on a D16.

Since the OP is very big into DSM. IS it true the DSM mani will fit the f22 with slight mods?
Very true.

If you buy one, buy a 2g manifold as it flows much better, is a thicker casting, and has greater porting potential. If you can find one, the EVO 3 mani would be best. Also, try to find the O2 housing of the DSM turbo your planning on running, it will be much better then any BS you can have welded into your custom Down pipe. Plus, the O2 housing is 10x easier to build a down pipe for.

For what its worth;
I dont see the DSM manifold fitting this cylinder head with minor modification as the advantage-

I see the turbos that are readily available on the cheap- that fit DSM manifolds to be the advantage.

Not in any way being a douche, so please dont take me wrong;

A simple search would show you pics, step by step install and how to for using the DSM goodies on our f22's.

Good luck though man! SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH, then ask.
toycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #24
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
The CB7 guys would know better than the DSM guy as to what fits the F22A...

And yes, the DSM manifold actually fits quite well. The ports line up fairly well (I don't believe they're perfect, but some portmatching may fix that.) You just need to redrill the mounting holes, as the DSM mounting holes aren't exactly where the F22A's holes are.

The DSM manifold is one of the reasons the CB7 guys build their "DSM turbo kits"... because a custom or aftermarket turbo manifold is pricey. I've known guys to piece together DSM parts (and a few other parts) for a complete $500-$600 turbo kit.

Accord R33 wrote a good deal on it, as he's one of the people that really popularized the "DSM kit" here. He was even selling them for a while (not anymore, so don't PM him asking! )

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:20 AM   #25
8ball
CB7tuner Member

8ball seems to have made some friends! 8ball seems to have made some friends!
So has any one tried using the 14b with a 7cm hot side and a evo3 manifold ?
Seems like every one is stuck using the 6cm options when the evo3 manifold flows better and the 7cm helps the 14b breath a little better. From what i gathered.
8ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #26
speedfr3ak
CB7tuner Member

speedfr3ak Needs to slide down a razorblade into a pool of alcohol, and then be set on fire. speedfr3ak Needs to slide down a razorblade into a pool of alcohol, and then be set on fire. speedfr3ak Needs to slide down a razorblade into a pool of alcohol, and then be set on fire.
something i have learned is listen to people who built turbo cars or hell even did there own work people who read know book knowledge thats all no real life exp. its like street smart and book smart same concept but any way i ran that turbo for a longgg time stock f22 w a tune ran fine put 235 whp on dyno go for it mannnnnnnnn
i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Last edited by speedfr3ak; 12-24-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: my sig
speedfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #27
speedfr3ak
CB7tuner Member

speedfr3ak Needs to slide down a razorblade into a pool of alcohol, and then be set on fire. speedfr3ak Needs to slide down a razorblade into a pool of alcohol, and then be set on fire. speedfr3ak Needs to slide down a razorblade into a pool of alcohol, and then be set on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toycar View Post
You want a cookie?

Big deal, so you bolted some stuff together, good for you

You feel better now?

BTW, this isnt a "OMG I gots a turbo" thread

This thread was over your head from square one

Now go tune your car
been tuned ASAP U MAD BRO?
Old 12-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #28
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfr3ak View Post
been tuned ASAP U MAD BRO?
Why did you dig up a year-old thread just to pick a fight?

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #29
speedfr3ak
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE!
Old 02-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #30
Smokinspeeds
CB7tuner Member

Smokinspeeds seems to have made some friends! Smokinspeeds seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Smokinspeeds Send a message via MSN to Smokinspeeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Why did you dig up a year-old thread just to pick a fight?
How about naww? LOL...

In all seriousness I've been sitting on a 14b for about 5-6 years, and this thread is partly making me not want to upgrade the turbo as I am finally about to boost the cb, albeit f22b dohc. There are some decent ebay stainless manifolds on the cheap, plus I'm going to run water/meth and no IC. Take away the 1-2 psi drop across the IC, gain the reliability and help fight over heating, and run coolant through the turbo and this might make surprising numbers.
Smokinspeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:04 PM   #31
WiKKeDV16
Mr.Influential.

WiKKeDV16 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to WiKKeDV16
Very Valid Points ToyCar. i am/was one of those who swore the 14b was fine on the F22s Regardless of what was being said at that present time.

My Logic is very similar to yours but changes slightly in approach. I too came did the math one night and realized how the 14b efficiency island crossed paths with the cfm capabilities of the F22.

Rather than utlizing the coolant ports on the 14b, simply overcompensating with a very efficiency intercooler(Core size/quality) setup played a big role, and a very efficient exhaust setup (o2 housing/downpipe/exhaust)

call it beating a dead dog, but tuning still does play a vast role in the f22s ability to co-exist with the 14b setup. creating a appropriate ignition table is a key element in keeping egts down and keeping detonation at bay.

Praise The Lowered...
WiKKeDV16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: