Differences in FITV for Manual and Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differences in FITV for Manual and Auto

What are the differences in the fitv for manual and auto. I replaced mine with a jy one from a car with auto and my car is manual. There are different part numbers for the two so there must be some difference. Anyone know?

Wow, I wasn't aware there are two different part numbers, but I would think either one would work (if functioning properly). Unless the bottom end of yours is really corroded, they can be rebuilt by disassembling and replacing the o-rings. The critical o-ring is the one on the white/yellow piston, it turns to plastic and allows air leakage past the piston. Short on time this morning, but look for my thread in the DIY section.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      Wow, I wasn't aware there are two different part numbers, but I would think either one would work (if functioning properly). Unless the bottom end of yours is really corroded, they can be rebuilt by disassembling and replacing the o-rings. The critical o-ring is the one on the white/yellow piston, it turns to plastic and allows air leakage past the piston. Short on time this morning, but look for my thread in the DIY section.
      I've replaced all those o-rings. Even the one in fuel regulator but my fitv is from an automatic. I still have the original that came out. They look exactly the same. Am just wondering what is their difference. Like the EG valve. Slightly different for ex model but would never know it really by looking at them.

Comment

They could be all the same parts, but a slightly different setting depending on whether it is for an auto or manual (since they only sell it as a whole assembly from Honda).
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
          They could be all the same parts, but a slightly different setting depending on whether it is for an auto or manual (since they only sell it as a whole assembly from Honda).
          That would make sense possibly now why my car it seems idles a little higher after i put the one from an automatic in.

Comment

The "cold" idle is higher? What rpm? If you want it a little lower, take the top cover off and turn the yellow piston down about 1/2 turn.

Comment

Working...
            X