Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Got A JDM F20A DOHC. Looking For More Information.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got A JDM F20A DOHC. Looking For More Information.

Hey CB7Tuner,
    I got a JDM F20A DOHC from a very reputable sorce. The engine is from a 90-93 Honda Accord Si (CB3). I know its a direct swap into my 93 sedan. I've been gathering lots of information on this engine since I got it. I would like to share what I have learned but also ask if anyone knows anything.

-HP is approx. 150HP
    -Displacement: 2.0 L (1,997 cc)
    -Bore × Stroke: 85 mm × 88 mm
    -Compression Ratios: 9.5:1
    -Redline is believed to be 7,500RPM
    -The ECU is a PT2 OBD1. I was lucky enough to find one. I'm guessing they're rare.
    -The intake still uses butterfly valves. Even easier to set up if you have a USDM F22a6, which is what I had.
    -Throttle body size is the same as usdm. (Personal research confirms)
    -The exhaust is a 1.75in unlike our USDM which is 1.5in
    -The timimg belt is strangely enough the same as 1988 dodge caravan 2.5 lol

Right know im trying to find out if it needs a knock sensor wired up and if the distributor is internal or external coil.

Any information at all about this engine would be greatly appreciated!
    P.S No I'm not gonna just get an H-series. I already have this mint F20aSi.

Most of the swaps that work with our car have been fully researched. But glad to see you did your homework. You will find this thread will answer most if not all your questions:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=F20a+parts
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I have a F20A DOHC. My distributor is OBD1 internal.

You could use any H series distributor on it. So just go with what your car has. Is your car internal or external coil?

as for Knock Sensor it does not have one. IIRC

Comment

What's the torque rating on it? I'm just wondering if its anywhere near an f23a sohc. I'm considering doing an f23a swap into my 90 honda civic.

Comment

150Hp and 137lb-ft. I picked this because its able to rev higher than a single cam.

Comment

Originally posted by Tig_Master View Post
            What's the torque rating on it? I'm just wondering if its anywhere near an f23a sohc. I'm considering doing an f23a swap into my 90 honda civic.
            Let me know if you need any help. I just did an F22 swap in my EK Sedan.
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post

You could use any H series distributor on it. So just go with what your car has. Is your car internal or external coil?

My 93 sedan had a f22a6 that came with a external. So im guessing I need to convert the dizzy to a external? Any diagrams would be helpful.
              I found this. Probably gonna give this a shot.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84028
              Last edited by Jade_Accord; 11-17-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post

you can put external coil yes, you will only need a distributor cap and an aftermarket coil connected to the positive and negative terminals that will be inside the distributor, take the wire to the coil, it's simple

Comment

Working...
                X