Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

looking for parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for parts

hey
    well i have to do a head job, i need to know where i can get parts to do this.
    i have a stock a6 cam. and i want to get after market parts but i do not know where to get them... i would like to gain some power. 1 want to know what brand to use in my cb.

Bisimoto.com
    COUPE K24

Comment

Now that you properly put together sentences I understand and can help you, thank you.

Sounds like you need to have your cylinder head reconditioned. Remove the head from engine, remove rocker arm assembly and camshaft. Leave only the valvetrain (valve, valve springs, retainers) installed. The machine shop will clean, perform valve job, install new valve guides and replace any valvetrain components necessary.

If you have an F22a1 or F22a4 engine, you will gain some performance with a F22a6 camshaft. Add to that an H23 or F22a6 intake manifold assembly with working IABs. Also add the PT6 ECU (from F22a6) and either an F22a6 or F22a4 stock header or aftermarket Megan Racing/DC sports. This with your basic intake, header and exhaust bolt ons will add some gains with no tuning required. This saves you money.

If you want more performance, add a Bisimoto camshaft level 1 or 2. However, tuning will be needed and adds money. You need to buy an engine management system and pay for dyno tuning, in addition to the aftermarket camshaft and supporting parts. Check out www.bisimoto.com to get an idea on camshaft prices. Research a local tuner and ask them for prices on what's needed for your stock engine with camshaft upgrade.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

hondafan has pretty much nailed it down for you. those are the basic starting points for oem upgrades most f22 owners go for. that being said are you wanting bigger valves aswell? if so i have run across a few places that sell them. supertech makes them ferrea makes them and another company i cant think of off the top of my head.

Comment

i forgot i have the h23 intake with the a a6 cam and the ecu with for the cam. i look for the parts to put in to the head thats what i am looking for. fyi i have to a spacer in the h23 intake with all new gaskets . i was looking at bisi stuff do i have to replays the valve seats or can i keep the old ones. and do i need retaners with the springs and where i live the is no dyno or tuner place to go.... that i know of

Comment

so i found out that i have no comprission in 1. so had the old head around from the last valve job and found out i fucked up 6 valves. going to rip apart my cb and see how the other valves look like..

Comment

any idea on how you did that red lined too many times maybe

Comment

hey, i have a a4, i wanna put an a6 cam in the head, if i do that, dumb question, but will i need an a6 cam gear or are they interchangeable

Comment

its the ecu and cam that u need for that nuthing els and the intake manie

Comment

Originally posted by 91cb7h22poss View Post
                    hey, i have a a4, i wanna put an a6 cam in the head, if i do that, dumb question, but will i need an a6 cam gear or are they interchangeable
                    Cam gear is the same.

Any of you originally a1 or a4 guys switching to the h23/f22a6 intake manifold make sure and wire up the iab solenoid so the pt6 ecu can open them properly. Do not hook them directly to vacuum, you will loose power. If you must, just leave them unattached from vacuum until you wire the solenoid, that is better than using straight vacuum.
                    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Working...
                    X