wiring troubles *Noob*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring troubles *Noob*

Yeah recently I bought a 12" sub and an 800 watt amp and i have a cd/mp3 receiver by the time i was finished buying i had no money left to install well the thing is I dont know jack shit and I dont have friends that are into or know anything about cars well i have a 1990 accord lx auto no power accessories and i was reading for hours looking for somethign that might be the same but unfortanetly no. So I would like to ask the biggest accord 4th gen community i know if u can help me with anything at all like where to start the wiring from *any* help would be appreciated
    '90 cord LX

well as for ur headunit.. the basic 4 wires are
    red=12v
    black=ground
    yellow=accessory
    blue=remote

all u need to know from these is that they are what make the headunit turn on.
    now.. it also depends on the condition of ur factory harness
    if its in good condition u have enough wiring left to work with...
    start here
    match up the wires i already said
    the rest of ur wires are basiclly speaker wires
    which give feed to each one of ur speakers
    u need two wires to run a speaker
    example
    u can put togethere
    violet and violet black with some of the stock harness wiring
    i dont know which ones wires are which speakers.. so u slowly figure it out
    best thing to do is get a notepad and a pen
    when u get a speaker working write down which combination got that speaker working ...
    then connect it to the corresponding wires from the headunit matched..
    example
    if u find that blue with brown and yellow with brown from ur factory harness is ur right front speaker...
    then u match it up with the corresponding wires from ur headunit which are in fact on the headunit itself there is a sticker on MOST that has a diagram...
    if its too confusing u will recieve more help from other members.. i tried..
    its just hard to explain
    so remember
    4 more wires
    red to red
    blue to blue
    black to black
    yellow to yellow

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

ok so i got out my deck and tried to install it for 1 hour and no go i tried the black to [black] (ground) ,yellow to [white-yellowstripes] , red to (yellow - red stripes] nothing works i guess i would try that first cause if it worked then the speakers would work for sure but i guess not damn i didnt think it would be so hard...btw thanks for help but didnt work i think i might have to save up to go to a shop damn them futureshop ppl
      '90 cord LX

Comment

check ur fuses, there are 2 for the deck..and maybe one in the wire behind the deck.

in the engine they have a backup fuse 7.5 amps...check that

in the car fuse box they have i think a 15 amp one...check that...

thats probably why ur deck doesnt turn on, try that
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Go here... should have everything you need....

http://www.installdr.com/

Comment

eh thanks anyways but i gave up after 2 hours sitting there reading a manual yes i am a complete noob so i brought it to the shop when i was trying to install i short circuited my clock and my car lighter im just wonderin where is the fuse box located inside the car god i am a moron
            '90 cord LX

Comment

haha this always happens..
              its a fuse in the engine bay.. its a 30amp.. look for radio on the cover
              anyhoo
              as for what i said
              u took it the wrong way
              for the 4 MAIN wires
              its
              BLACK TO BLACK
              YELLOW TO YELLOW
              RED TO RED
              BLUE TO BLUE
              no stripes no nothing just bold colors.. lol
              so u got it installed already at a shop..?
              sorry to say but thats the last thing i would do..
              what happens if something goes wrong..?
              u take it back to them and get charged some money..?
              thats why its best to learn how to do things on ur own.. anyhow.. best of luck with ur new radio

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i think its time for a DIY on stereo wiring installs...if i have time ill do one tomorrow
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                X