Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What automatic transmission fluid would you prefer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kinguin7 View Post
    Except Z1 is discontinued, and the new stuff isn't ideal for our needs.
    Im not saying you cant run Honda ATF and be fine. But if you cant get the real stuff dont pay real stuff price for something thats just as good as Vavoline thats more expensive.

EDIT: Alot of people on here dont agree with me. But my employer gives a 3 year/100,000 mile warranty.
    Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-09-2012, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks man you got any pointers for pickin out a trans while im at pull a part

Comment

Originally posted by Purple91ex View Post
        Thanks man you got any pointers for pickin out a trans while im at pull a part
        Thats a tough one to answer. I rebuild ALOT ALOT ALOT of 90-97 Accord automatic transmissions at 195k-225k. I mean almost every single one. So i would say get one way over or way under. We paint ours grey before we install them. So if you find one with say 275k and a transmission thats industrial grey its safe to say (most of the time) it has 50-75k since its last rebuild. You always take a chance geting a salvage yard trans. There isnt a way around it. idk what else to tell you on that. I woudnt get a salvage transmission. But if you have to, get the least amount of miles you can find, or get one that looks newer than the engine its mated to. I assume most transmission builders at least clean the transmissions before rebuilding them.

Comment

thats my plan i wanna do a 5 speed swap an i may do it depending on how much it all cost when i get there but i just wanna get my car goin again as soon as possible

Comment

thats my plan i wanna do a 5 speed swap an i may do it depending on how much it all cost when i get there but i just wanna get my car goin again as soon as possible
            A 5 speed swap will run you $650 for everything from a salvage yard here where i live. IMO its the best option. Buy a $100 Exedy clutch kit and your set.
            Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-09-2012, 11:01 PM.

Comment

wow idk how much it will be at pull a part

Comment

wow idk how much it will be at pull a part
                From talking to members on here i found out im geting screwed at my local junk yards. Ill bet it will be alot cheaper for you.

Comment

Someone makes hondas ATF it's not honda just like with everything else so i'd bout bet alot of the ATF is up to par or exceeds "Honda ATF".

They're is better products to be had as some are mentioned on my Automatic capabilities thread.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                    Someone makes hondas ATF it's not honda just like with everything else so i'd bout bet alot of the ATF is up to par or exceeds "Honda ATF".

They're is better products to be had as some are mentioned on my Automatic capabilities thread.

Thats right. The same company who makes Supertech makes Genuine Toyota and Nissan fluids.

Ashland makes: NAPA and Vavoline.
                    Citco makes: Mystic
                    Conoco-Phillips makes: Motorcraft and Phillpis 66.
                    ExxonMobil makes: Supertech, Toyota and Nissan.
                    Omni Specialty Packaging, Inc makes: Oreillys and Pure Gaurd.
                    Pinnacle Oil Co. makes: Caseys, Kum & Go, and National.
                    SOPUS aka Shell makes: Quaker State, and Pennziol.
                    J.D. Streett & Co. makes: Unilab
                    Warren Oil/Coastal makes: Advance Auto, Kohler, and Valucraft aka Autozone.

Those are the most common ones.

This is a better list http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...Number=1874630

Comment

ok so just so im striaght on this i can get any 5 speed trans out of a 90 to 02 accord or 92-02 prelude will they all bolt up to my f22a4

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                        Honda z1 ATF, not the DW-1. Good luck finding it now.
                        I am using DW-1 now. What is wrong with it?
                        Thanks.

Comment

It has more friction modifiers than is likely ideal for our transmissions, which causes it to grab gears slower/slip more than with Z1 or dex. I don't think it's a bad choice, but I decided to stop using Honda fluid after I heard Z1 was discontinued and read positive reviews for MaxLife.

Comment

It has more friction modifiers than is likely ideal for our transmissions, which causes it to grab gears slower/slip more than with Z1 or dex. I don't think it's a bad choice, but I decided to stop using Honda fluid after I heard Z1 was discontinued and read positive reviews for MaxLife.

Comment

i use b&m trick shift . ive been useing it for some time . before this car i had 1990 integra ls auto and i beet the hell out of that thing for 3 years. all i ever used in that tranny and its what i use now .
                              this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                              How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                              Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Are you saying that it is more slippery so the gear can slip easier? But the other brand like Max life, is it cheaper or more expensive?
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X